Hello, guest
|
Name: kris
[ Original Post ]
My 11 year old son is in the 5th grade and is diagnosed with ADHD. He also has a physical disability that makes it hard to write. He is currently taking medications (Concerta and Strattera) but this combination therapy doesn't seem to be working. The biggest issues we seem to have with him is his "I just don't care" about getting anything done in school. He's extremely disorganized and has no desire to learn. How do you get a child motivated to learn and start getting work done?
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: joanne 21 | Date: Mar 26th, 2006 4:51 PM
my daughter is only 11 months old but her father has adhd and im worried she wil get it as well she already head butts the floor or i could be me being parnoid 

Name: khloe | Date: Apr 8th, 2006 6:24 PM
i hate adhd 

Name: tracy | Date: Apr 13th, 2006 9:26 PM
i have a 10 year old boy with ADHD 

Name: burned out | Date: Apr 14th, 2006 3:24 AM
If the medicine combination isn't working with him, don't give up. Sometimes you have to go through the gamet of finding the right medicine combinations. Try something else...like adderall...ask what other options there are as far as meds. He also needs some behavior modification program to help boost his morale on doing his shool work. You can probably see a school counselor about that. Hope these suggestions help. 

Name: jessie | Date: Apr 18th, 2006 12:22 AM
i have adhd 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us