Hello, guest
|
Name: Alison1
[ Original Post ]
Im sad because I had to grow up in a family with my older brother who suffers from asperger syndrome.Its not fair on the other siblings. I look back on my childhood years and most of it consisted of arguments and misery. My mother really struggled and there should be more benfits avaible for parents to support children with special needs. As he has got older he has improved but he still causes tension. Its not only the person with asber syndrome who is in need its the whole family !!
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: rosina | Date: Aug 18th, 2011 7:38 PM
i understand what your saying my daughter has been diagnosed with adhd she may also have aspergers she is constantly hitting her siblings makes there life really differcult makes me feel quite worthless sometimes because my other children are feeling bullied and my older one dosent understand why they feel that way 

Name: Alexis | Date: Feb 21st, 2013 7:35 AM
I also have an older brother with asperger's, but the important thing to remember is that they are feeling the pain too. Being a sibling of a asperger's kid (especially an older one) can be hard and very stressfull. I (as the younger sibling) feel as though I had to grow up fast. I understand that i have a commitment to help my brother throughout his life. I will always have to put my life on hold for his. Do I wish it to be any different? Never. I love my brother and through alll the hard times, I hold onto that. 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us