Hello, guest
|
Name: Maritin44
[ Original Post ]
My daughter is 20 months old and we started to suspect autism three months ago. She stopped talking and seemed quiet. Along with thos behaviores she had always beend ifficut to soothe, never really affectionate unless she wanted too, hit herslef a few times and always rocked side to side. I took her to neurologist who said she is showing signs and to start early invention. In the process of doing this, i started seeing my daughter talking more and gaining her speech as well as being interactive and playing with her brother (my three year old son). However I had already made an appt with a medical pediatric developmentalist and took her just in case. She screened showing signs of autism or on the spectrum. I am really upset because i had my hopes up. However I also see my daughter saying sentences, and even though she is so young she for ex...brings the remote to me wheh I ask my son to bring it. She is still afraid of alot of people and gets anxious and she still rocks alittle side to side. she also takes me by the hand to bring me to where she wants even though she only whines for it and doesnt use words. she always had ok eye contact althgouh sometiems she just ignores you but i think alot of kids do this. Does this sound like an autistci child to you? or has anyone hd this experience before with there child? Thank you
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: dianna | Date: Dec 10th, 2007 1:30 PM
No, it does not mean she is autistic. I think every child has a little autism or autism traits in them, but definately keep an eye on her and talking in full sentences is a good sign. Hang in there and don't worry too much. 

Name: ltl | Date: Dec 11th, 2007 4:03 AM
She does so some signs of being on the spectrum but doesn't mean we're right. There are so much factors involve in evaluating a child. They look to see if there is stress at home, or stress from environment changes (i.e. moving to new house), to all sorts of other things. If I were you, I'd be really careful in trying to make diagnosis. Remember many children with Asperger does not have speech delay, yet they are on the spectrum. The important thing is that since you started intervention, you have noticed improvements so that's something to celebrate. 

Name: redy2go | Date: Dec 17th, 2007 3:29 AM
i would still have her screened carefully & watched but if anything it sounds more like asperger's start speaking simple Like " sally come" "sally want cookie, ... cookie" modle words for her & try to make her say what she wants start small & with something she really really enjoys like playing with a toy or watching video make her say one word that relates to that item . she if that helps any. goodluck 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us