Hello, guest
|
Name: jprats53
[ Original Post ]
I am new on this site,and I don't know if it is any answer to my question or not.
I just going to tell what happened to me last year 2004.
I hope there is some information available for
me and better yet someone will be able to read
what I am about to say.
I was happily married with a very sweet godly woman for 12 years and we have a wonderful son
in january 1995.
We discovered in his early age that something
was not quiet right with him and we did not know at that time that he was autistic until
3 years later when finally after wrong diagnoses from doctors we learn of his condition when we move to another county.
It was hard in the beginning to accept that
our only precious child was autistic.
We learn how to cope with it and tried all kinds of treatments like changing the diets and other therapeutic treatments.
We were fortunate that our son is not the aggresive type,and that he is very affectionate and very obedient and that he recognize his parents,and know how to express his feelings.
The major concern is that he is not talking
although he can vocalized and he hears very well.
Other than that we were happy as a family
and very united until finally tragedy came
to our lives.
In 2003 we have the terrible news that my wife have cancer,and unfortunately her health was rapidly deteriorating and in september of 2004 she passed away while I was holding her hands.
It was a terrible blow for us and at the same time we had a hurricane passing thru
our county and it damage my carport.
Then all of a sudden I realized that I was along as a single parent with an autistic child.
On january of 2005 I moved to the Orlando area because I found an excellent school for
autistic children and thanks God my son is doing great.
Now,after a year and two months following and advice of a friend I decide to find a soulmate.
I am missing the marriage life,and someone to loved and be loved in return.
When my wife realized that she was going to die she also told me to find a good wife because she cares for me and our son very deeply,but I was not ready until now that finally after much grieving and learning to
cope with reality I decide to move on with life.
Unfortunately,I have not found a soulmate
yet.
In my church there is no one available because they all married and I even tried online dating and in the beginning the women
were willing to date,they like my profile and picture,but when they learn about my son being autistic they run away from me like a plague.
I tried to explain that my son is a mild autistic and a good boy but they do not even want to listen.
I came to the conclusion that it is going to
be very hard to find a woman that has a heart for children with special needs.
Now,my question is if there is a dating site specially for single mothers and fathers with
the same situation like me that want to find
their soulmates.
I will love to find a decent lady that has a
heart for children like mine,and even if they also have children with special needs such as
autism,down syndrome,aspergers,or anything like that I will work with her and help her
to take care of our children with love and compassion.
Of course we will have to fall in love and not only because it is convenient for our children.
I am a Romantic Christian man seeking a Christian lady for a serious relationship/marriage.
I have a good sense of humor,but I also have a serious side
as well.
I have a lot of love to offer to the right lady.
I like reading,listening to classical music,I enjoy operas,good movies,traveling,camping,working out,nature,walking and holding hands with the one I love at sunset,candlelight dinners,going to church,doing beautiful things together and spent the rest of our lives together
until death do us apart.
Ladies if you are ready for a loving,romantic,passionat
e,compassionate
christia
n
man to come into your life and share the beautiful things that life has to offer send me a
message,
God bless,
Jose
[email protected]
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: hope | Date: Jun 16th, 2006 7:54 PM
i think you are a great person and i can relate to everything you are saying i lost my brother in 2004 and i am still greving. i also have a son that is autistic and is very simlilar to your son if you help or advice or to chat i am always online. cant help in the romantic part though. i gratefully have a a geat hubby! have a great day [email protected]/[email protected] 

Name: Bonnie Sayers | Date: Jul 4th, 2006 9:33 PM
Good luck with your son. I am a single parent to two boys ages 10 and 11. It is not that bad and trying to find someone who understands autism after making a connection is not easy. I have had profiles up at many sites, some I talk about my kids and others I dont.

We are in Los Angeles, I have written our experiences at my site and there is a weekly chat on Sundays.

Visit anytime -
http://autismspectrumdisord
ers.bellaonline.com

Bonnie
Sayers 

Name: jacksmom | Date: Jan 28th, 2007 5:10 AM
Hi Jose... :) Don't give up on finding a godly wife. With God... all good things are possible. I'm glad your son is doing well. I am married and below is the story of our son Jack. Ali

Jack's story....

After the 12 mos. vaccines my son gradually slipped into autism. He was head-banging, hand-flapping, twirling, lost speech, lost eye contact and he just withdrew.

Now two years later.... no head-banging, no twirling, no flapping, has eye contact and is starting to verbalize again. And... he has Down Syndrome to boot. :) Yes... even kids with DS get autism. Actually they get it at a higher rate.

What helped him? First I give God praise.... our son wouldn't be here without Him and we prayed and I believe He guided us. Second... supplements. Especially cod liver oil. I recommend Green Pastures CLO with the X factor. Check out Dr. Mary Megson's work on the web. http://www.diet-studies.com/megson.html Our Jack healed gradually... but he is healing. I actually had to make myself GET USED TO him not twirling everything any more!

Also check out Dr. Amy Yasko's work. www.holistichealth.com

We give Jack alot of supps - cod liver oil, probiotic, magnesium citrate, tart cherry and recently we added cilantro. He takes some other things too but each child is unique. It helps to find a good naturopathic MD or chiropractor. Don't use supps until you research things for yourself. Cilantro for example...should possibly not be used until some other detox has been done.

Don't give up. There is hope! And... I will be frank here.... many mainstream doctors know squat about how to heal autism. Don't let that throw you. There are people who do know how to help. God bless you! Love, Jack's Mom :) 

Name: HHawkins | Date: Jan 29th, 2007 7:13 PM
Jose,
I just married a man who has an autistic son. We've been married 8 months now and I am loving every moment of it. God definitely brought us together, we wouldn't have meet otherwise. I don't know if this will help, but one type of woman you can be open to looking for is one who works at a children's hosptial. I love children and worked at a childrens hospital. I dealt with many autistic children, as well a children with cancer, and many many other disorders. People that deal with that daily as a choice usually have it in their heart to love those children no matter what their disorder is. My husband's son is mildly autistic as well. So when I met his son I was suprised at how well he functioned. I only dealt with severly autistic children. I had a choice to work with (or not to work with) and comfort children that have disorders that can hurt your feelings, hurt you physically, or just flat out be exhausting. If I still stayed then I sure wasn't going to leave a man I loved b/c his son was austitc. Women who work in children hospitals typically have an understanding from the beginning of the love and compassion that comes with caring for children (all shapes and sizes). If a woman can't handle the disorder it's better for you and your son that she's not the one. God Bless 

Name: queen_vee2 | Date: Feb 13th, 2008 6:42 AM
Hi Jose,
How are you coping? I hope that things are ok for you and your child.
I dont have an autistic child but I did go out with someone who has son with special needs. I really love that boy dearly, regardless of whatever he did to me(biting, pinching). He's like a son to me & wont hesitate to spend the rest of my life with them. The thing is it ddnt work out, he did sort of find someone after more than a yr that we're together. It hurts specially the bond that i have with the kid.
What am trying to say is: no matter how much you want to be with someone even if you give your life to them, if its not meant to be, it will never happen. God has given us someone to be our soulmate. We dont have to look for them, it is the fate that will bring you together.
So dont worry, when the right time comes, you will meet your dream girl in an unexpected time and place.
Take care and God Bless.. 

Name: BlakesMom | Date: Mar 12th, 2008 3:00 AM
Hi Jose,
Wow, what a story! You are truly a wonderful man.....and any woman would be lucky to have a man so dedicated to his family. I am happily married with a 3 year old little autistic angel! Don't get me wrong, my husband is WONDERFUL and I love him with all my heart........but, I truly don't think he could do it without me. He is just not as connected......of course, I take over and do it ALL (which is no falt of his)! He would probably do better than I give him credit for. The right woman for you will come along.......maybe you should stop looking so hard! Love finds us in mysterious ways..... If you are as true as you make yourself sound.....you will find the woman who will complete yourself and your son! Hang in there! Cindy 

Name: bcstaz | Date: Mar 25th, 2010 7:36 AM
wow your case sounds like mine,good luck
finding that someone ben looking for nearly 8 or more yrs.your his best advocate and dont give up untill this school yr my son 9 and i been on a space shot,though getting good legal and drs support my son is in a autisic school.and its not cheep, 

Name: Jelli3 | Date: Jun 20th, 2010 7:22 AM
Wow, Hey. somewhat I feel sorry for you. But I know thats not what you want to hear. I'm 18 and single and I have a career in childcare I have recently been asked to take some consideration into caring for a group of children aged 4-6, I have a sister with autism so they took me into consideration for the job. (And no one else would wanna do it)
And one of the little girls has autism so I was just flipping through some notes getting some feedback and info. But then I came across your story and I had to stop and read it. I would totally come and runaway with you and be your wife, but I have a feeling the 18 age thing may be a bit weird. LOL. I hope you find the strength. I'm sure you look into his eyes and conquer anything. God Bless!
x Jess

[email protected] :) 

Name: rachel 911 | Date: Mar 11th, 2011 11:09 AM
hi am new you sound a wounderful dad ,my son just the same cannot talk but very loveing,hope you find someone if want to talk please do. 

Name: vjo2517 | Date: May 4th, 2012 3:07 AM
I am in the same situation. My wife of 15 years died in a car wreck leaving me with an 8 year old non-verbal autistic daughter. Life is tough but very rewarding. I finally had to completely give up on dating or trying to find someone. I got on a dating site once. Had hundreds of replies until I changed my profile, stating I have an autistic child. I did not think of saying that on my profile until everytime I told them on line about my daughter the responses were so negative. That's when I decided to put it on my profile to get everything upfront. There was one girl that I talked to for a while until she asked how would I find timedating while owning a small business and being a single dad to an autistic child. I could not answer her, so I just removed myself from the site. I just accepted this as my life, because no one comes before my daughter. It is hard because I am a very loving and honest man, plus I miss having that special woman that is also your best friend. But if this is the life God has set for me, I will be the best father in the world to a great loving daughter that makes me happier than anything in the world. 

Name: Redvelvetcake58 | Date: Jul 24th, 2012 4:02 PM
Hello there single dad.
This is just my opinion and not advice, but so many of the single moms have the same story. Maybe a spouse died or in most of their cases, the spouse could not hack it and left them with the care of the autistic child.

Trying to find a soul mate who is willing to deal with meltdowns, not going to family functions, staying up all night because child will not sleep, eating disorders, soils themselves, still wears Pampers but are older, hair pulling, self mutilation, and as you know many other issues....yes this will be hard. Not to cause you to not have faith, but even while in church, members find it hard to accept this disorder from a soul mate or someone they are interested in. But I am still praying. 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us