Hello, guest
|
Name: AGGIE
[ Original Post ]
HI THERE.I HAVE A 26 MONTH OLD WHO IS IN THE PROCESS OF BEING DIAGNOSED WITH AUTISTIC SPECTRUM DISORDER.IN THE INTERIM IM GIVING HER 1 TO 1 MYSELF(WELL TRYING TO ANYWAY!).HOWEVER THE LAST COUPLE OF WEEKS SHES STARTED REPEATING THE SAME SOUND OVER AND OVER WHENEVER I TRY TO GET HER TO COMMUNICATE.THE BEST WAY TO DESCRIBE IT WOULD BE THAT IT SOUNDS LIKE `GOGGLE GOGGLE GOGGLE....`WHEN SHE DOES IT HER TONGUE GOES IN AND OUT AND HER EYES LOOK WEIRD. IM JUST WONDERING IF ANYONE ELSE HAS HAD THEIR CHILDREN DO THIS,IF ITS PART OF ASD THAT ISNT IN THE TEXTBOOK. IF SO, ADVISE ON HOW TO GET MY DAUGHTER TO STOP DOING IT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.
THANKYOU
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: AGGIE | Date: Apr 18th, 2007 5:28 PM
IF ANYONE HAS ANY ADVISE TO OFFER ME ,THAT WOULD BE GREAT 

Name: AGGIE | Date: Apr 18th, 2007 5:34 PM
HI THERE.I HAVE A 26 MONTH OLD WHO IS IN THE PROCESS OF BEING DIAGNOSED WITH AUTISTIC SPECTRUM DISORDER.IN THE INTERIM IM GIVING HER 1 TO 1 MYSELF.HOWEVER THE LAST FEW WEEKS SHES STARTED REPEATING THE SAME SOUND OVER AND OVER WHEN I TRY TO GET HER TO COMMUNICATE.THE BEST WAY TO DESCRIBE IT WOULD BE THAT IT SOUNDS LIKE `GOGGLE GOGGLE GOGGLE`.......WHEN SHE DOES IT HER TONGUE GOES IN AND OUT AND HER EYES LOOK WEIRD.IM JUST WONDERING IF ANY1 ELSE HAS HAD THEIR CHILD DO THIS,IF ITS PART OF ASD THAT ISNT IN THE TEXTBOOK.IF SO ,ADVISE ON HOW TO GET MY DAUGHTER TO STOP DOING IT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED
THANKYOU 

Name: missheather | Date: Apr 20th, 2007 12:21 AM
She's probably stimming and trying to block you out. I would suggest you do something that you know she enjoys (tickling, compression, playing with a particular toy etc.) for a minute or two to break the stim and then try again. 

Name: Kirsty | Date: Apr 20th, 2007 9:47 AM
Hi aggie try doing intensive interaction with her. Check out www.davehewett.com or google intensive interaction. It is an approach to teaching the pre-speech fundamentals of communication to children. 

Name: kathy hudgens | Date: Apr 21st, 2007 3:46 AM
try to get all the information on a sensory diet it has nothing to do with food when autistic child makes weird sounds and make weird facial looks its because they are over stimulated .there are things you can do to calm them down one thing is called deep touch try gentally squeezing each finger tip they really like that also you can try another method of calming her down you get a light weight vest and put small weights in the pockets Im not sure if you know most autistic children feel detached from,there minds and body , sometimes they need to feel weighted down to feel there mind and body are connected my son is 8 he is mildly autisitic when he get overly stimulated he puts big pillows on himself he learned to calm himself down I think if you learn about a sensory diet you will find many different ways to help with the odd behavior its really helped me if you want to talk more about this e/mail me at [email protected] my name is kathy 

Name: Debra Garcia Gonzalez | Date: Apr 25th, 2007 3:54 AM
I forgot to add that a regular pediatrician can refer you to a speech path and OT. You also can get in to see a neuro before a developmental pedi. 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us