Hello, guest
|
Name: Deanne
[ Original Post ]
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: Karen | Date: Feb 17th, 2008 10:32 AM
My daughter just turned 8. She has alot of friends at school. So I decided to throw a bowling party and invited 10 kids from her class. Only 1 person showed. No-one had the courtesy to RSVP. I was so heartbroken, but kids are more resilent then adults. That one person could of been an entire army to her. She was so happy. What's wrong with adults today, don't they RSVP anymore? 

Name: jo | Date: Feb 17th, 2008 11:51 PM
really i don't know what tosay 

Name: julie | Date: Mar 20th, 2008 8:53 PM
i can TOTALLY relate. my daughter is going through the same thing!! her birthday is next week, and not 1 kid will be there. makes me so mad that i went out of my way to bring her to their parties!! all i can think to do is try to make the day super special for her. start with letting her wear whatever she wants (within reason, of course), then some shopping, then i will probably still take her to chuck e cheese. but i know how that feels. and some of these posts are right, she wont mind as much as we do. 

Name: SweetBabyCakes | Date: Mar 24th, 2008 8:00 PM
Like someone said before. Try having it on neutral ground (like a Chick-E-Cheeses or somewhere like that. If the people are snobbish this allows them to come to somewhere other than your house.
Keep in mind she can still have fun if no one shows up, so the more down you get about this the worse she will feel. So keep your chin up and enjoy the company of your daughter on her special day...no mater who is there...and I sure she will enjoy it likewise!
http://www.greetingcakeco.com/sweetbabycakes/ 

Name: doodlebugsmom | Date: Mar 25th, 2008 4:49 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that. I like the going out to eat idea, maybe Chuckie Cheese's they have games and she will be around other kids :) 

Name: little girl | Date: Mar 26th, 2008 10:46 PM
that so sucks! i am having a birthday party in two days, and only one of my friends is showing up! its an awful feeling to get rejected so many times! you have a right to be pissed! 

Name: kimmy | Date: Apr 21st, 2008 11:08 PM
Well were they really her friends maybe she did something to the moms that made them not so sure about your daughter ask them I hope she makes friends she sounds very sweet I have 8 kids it's so hard to find them friends but I know every mother can do it. Call the one of the moms and go on like a coffee meet and tell all the great things about your daughter maybe the mom will want her kid to hang out with your child. 

Name: Lisa | Date: Apr 21st, 2008 11:20 PM
Hi, I am sorry about your frustration and it must be hurtful to have everyone say that can not attend. It seems to me that you want something for your daughter that might not be the time for. You mentioned she has some hyperactivitiy issues that make it hard for her to get along with the other children. as you mentioned she is a good kid and just want to have fun like the other kids. You also mentioned that you live in an area that is sort of snobby and difficult to connect with the other kids. It might be helpful to recognize the timing may not be very good right now. If she is having difficulty with relationships, maybe to take a step back and think about having one play date at a time before a large party so you are able to teach her how to interact and let her know what your and the other kids expectations are. It sounds like the timing was just off and once she has some more social skills and once you have had more time in your area things might slowly turn around. 

Name: Andromeda | Date: Apr 21st, 2008 11:39 PM
thats so sad
if that happened to me i would start to cry 

Name: blogberry mom | Date: Apr 25th, 2008 2:25 PM
I have a suggestion, why not celebrate her birthday at school? At least you wouldn't heard any excuses then from her classmates but I hope it will be allowed by the school. Just bring packed foods or ordered food from a restaurant. 

Name: Megan | Date: Apr 29th, 2008 3:31 PM
hi, its my birthday 

Name: Boryana Doyle | Date: Apr 30th, 2008 2:55 PM
I'm first of all very sorry for you! second i would say that this is very wrong. do you have any family that has children? if so you should make sure they come. I would say to invite anybody else you know and see if they will come! Good Luck 

Name: Karen | Date: May 1st, 2008 3:39 AM
Hi, This has nothing to do with the party but I would like to share with you that my daughter had the same problem. I used to cry when I saw her calling ALL of her classmates and they all had plans.. this went on for a while and now she is 13 and has tons of friends.. just be patient. I believe you received great advices here. I hope your kid has a great b'day wiyhout those snubby girls! 

Name: MV | Date: Jun 4th, 2008 4:25 AM

Name: MV | Date: Jun 4th, 2008 4:28 AM
That is very sad. My neice just turned 8, and only 1 child turned out for her birthday party, even though one other parent had called to confirm and asked what my niece would like, that child didn't come. I feel it is completely disrespectful of parents not to RSVP, or even worse, to RSVP and then not show. A lot of work can go into planning a party, but most importantly, it is the child who may be disappointed. 

Name: Lori | Date: Jun 12th, 2008 1:03 PM
I can totally relate to this. My son's 5th birthday is next week. I booked a special place for his party, invited 22 kids from his PreK class and couple neighbors. As of today only one has actually confirmed will attend the party. I told the mom to feel free to bring a sibling along so now the younger sister is coming too:) I am terrified though. I feel so bad for my son, but mostly kind of feel ashamed of wasting $345 (and some) on the party costs when I could have used that money to spend the day with our son and family. I don't know what I will do. I feel too akward calling people and checking with them about the party. We've been to their parties?? Spent quite a bit of money and time on their special days. Don't people feel at least a small obligation these days to return the favor? Or at least RSVP??
The thing is we don't have any family here, so no cousins to fill in:) By reading all your ideas here it helped me a great deal. Before I felt as if we were the only one this ever happened to. I know now this happens to other people as well, and it's bad but we'll be ok. I'll make myself call a few people, friends. Maybe I'll get someone to bring their child. I'll make sure to tell them no gifts necessary so they don'f feel obligated. I'll buy extra gifts myself so my son will have something to open that day. This is so out of my element. I am a very kind and caring person. The last thing I would want to do is ask people to help be a guest at a clueless and very happy 5 year old little boy's birthday party. I know the party organizer will call me on Sunday to get a final count for the childern attending...Why did I get myself into this??

Thank you to all of you. 

Name: Tambra | Date: Jul 20th, 2008 10:43 PM
I had a summer fun pool/splash party for my 4 1/2 year old daughter yesterday. Her birthday is in January so I told her we could have the pool party since it would be too cold in January. We invited 4 of her friends. One mom called and said they were busy but the other 3 moms did not call. No one showed and I was devastated. The same thing happened to me on my 12th birthday. Anyway, and hour after the party was supplosed to have started, I called my friend who has 2 older boys (7 & 9) and a teenage daughter who is fond on my girl. They were thrilled to come over and play, eat snacks and do a couple crafts. My girl had a terrific time and I am trying to keep a positive spin on it for her sake. I do hope to be in the room when she sees her friends and asks them why they weren't there. I hope it is in front of their moms too! I will in the future call the moms two days in advance of the party to make sure of their party status. That way perhaps I can invite some other friends from a substitute list (those we would like to invite but don't have the room to invite for this party) who can make it. 

Name: RxMichelle | Date: Aug 29th, 2008 5:31 AM
My son will be 11 & I sent 20 invites out , I have had ONLY 3 responses (NO) & the party is scheduled for next week. at a bowling alley.....I am required to cover 10 kids either way.
This is so beyond heartbreaking that I am beside myself with anger. My son has "Aspergers Syndrome" so he really tries so hard to LEARN social queues ......I think that this one is called:
"RUDE "......no matter what I would NEVER single out a child because of his differences.
I'd like to add that this very thing happened last year.....silly me..I thought, NEW school YEAR.....NEW CLASS....NEW START......
apparently, this is a punitive little town with very little minds.....
Cruelty is cruelty it is a shame that parents ALLOW this 

Name: Thamee | Date: Sep 5th, 2008 11:23 PM
I know it must be hard for her to see that no one wants to attend her birthday, but remember this...you cannot force someone to come. They do not deserve to be their friend and you do not want people like that hang out with your daughter anyway if they behave like. And for that age I am truly ashamed for them and their parents. Just teach her that you and your family are there for her on her birthday and that's all that count. Good luck and I wish you all the best. Happy Birthday to your daughter as well.

Thamee
http://.kinderbloom.com (Handmade pettiskirts, tutus, hairbows)
http://kinderblo
om-kinderbloom.blogspot.com

Name: suzzana mckirkenshilieder | Date: Oct 1st, 2008 7:32 PM
your rich. no wonder no one is coming.ur probably snobby and bratty and money cant buy friendship. learn! 

Name: Denise | Date: Oct 9th, 2008 9:32 PM
Hi I'm having the same problem here. My kid's birthday is not until next weekend Oct 18, but I gave out the invitations last Monday and ask parents to RSVP by this Sunday. It's Thursday not and only 1 kid RSVP. I invite 14 of her classmates. She'll be turning 5. I'm very nervous now. 

Name: Jitendrakumar | Date: Oct 10th, 2008 11:02 AM
Hi

Birthdays are best time to let our stars know how much we love them.

Thanks to this author.

jitendra kumar

[url=http://www.florist-flowers-ro
ses-delivery.com/texas/houston_tx.html]Buy
flowers in Houston[/url] [url=http://www.cheaponline-loans.co
.uk/help/no-credit-check-loans.php]n
o
credit check loans[/url] [url=http://www.vilafrancadelpenede
s.com/-1/posts/1_Habitatge/0/]pisos
vilafranca[/url] [url=http://www.myringtoneshub.com/specia
ls/buy-cell-phone-ringtones.htm]ringtones
for the iPhone[/url] 

Name: MichelleB | Date: Oct 10th, 2008 10:22 PM
I agree about chuckie cheese as a place for the party. That way everyone can keep busy 

Name: john | Date: Nov 2nd, 2008 1:55 AM
same thing happene to me only one person came to my birthday party now my life is depressing only one of my friends came and he told everyone at school and another kid to so now my life is horrible no one likes me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Name: CeCe | Date: Nov 10th, 2008 3:20 AM
I just got home from my six year old litle girl's party which only 1 child attended and 1 rsvp'd that she couldn't come.She was heartbroken and cried that no one came to her party and we tried our best to still help her appreciate the one little girl that came. We were so embarrased to caused we had reserved this place for 10 children and it was all set up and everything and no one came! I feel so hurt for my daughter and I feel a lot of anger towards the other parents. We had invited all the girls in her class. She isn't a bad child and doesn't have any problems with people,she's actually a pretty compassionate and affectionate kid which made it all the harder to bear. I just feel so rejected and bummed out. I dont know if it's me,are they just to busy or do they simply not like my child.I don't know.I dont feel so terrible anymore seeing that i'm not the only one this has happened to because before I felt really alone in this and thought this must be the first time this has happened in history or at least the party place. I hope my daughter forgets abt it though and feels better tomorrow.Thanks for listening. 

Name: Stephanie | Date: Dec 29th, 2008 12:00 AM
Just tell her it's no big deal if they can't come. She can still have fun! For my eight birthday i invited fours girls to the pools and only one came since others got sick. But that did'nt matter because the girl was my best friend Paige, and we still had fun! 

Name: Belinda | Date: Jan 23rd, 2009 4:53 AM
Family is more important than friends. Family will always be there for you....so have a good time with the party. My daughter always had a family party and if her friends came it was great but later in life she will know who will always be there for her. So do not be mad be glad and enjoy the party. Let her know she is special and do not let her disability be an excuse for her the other children will learn of the disability as they grow up and understand. She will have friends later just right now some of them are too young to understand the disability as well as the families. Good luck and have fun.... enjoy her while she is young. 

Name: Evie | Date: Feb 9th, 2009 1:47 AM
I am sorry to hear that. My problem is that my daughter does not get invited to any birthdays. Very sad. 

Name: Jennifer Gauer | Date: Feb 18th, 2009 4:35 PM
usually I have an event of some kind planned. Like at a roller skating rink or a bowling alley or a clown at the party. Sometinmes the kids like fun things like that. Invite church members neighbors. If you have to replan an new date when kids can show up that may help. 

Name: bd | Date: Mar 12th, 2009 12:24 AM
on the invites it said to rsvp . no one did . i gave my 7 year old brother them to passd out to his friends at school . i thin k that was a bad idea . his friends being 7 years old . most likey couldnt keep up with them . 

Name: Jenniferajr | Date: Apr 11th, 2009 11:44 AM
In this economy I think that it is perfectly ok to not have a birthday party. Maybe instead you two could have a special "girl's day out". Go to her favorite restaurant, even if it is Burger King, then go get matching manicures and pedicures. Maybe get your hair done, too. Make it a special day for the two of you. She will remember that forever, whereas she won't remember a party with kids she won't be friends with in 10 years. Screw the other parents/kids. Raise your kid to be better than them. 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us