Hello, guest
|
Name: LindsayK
[ Original Post ]
I need your words of wisdom once again. Gabriella is 16 1/2 months now, and I've weaned her down to just night nursing. She nurses right before bed, usually once during the night and sometimes first thing in the morning. My problem is that it's painful as heck on me now! Every time she latches on I cringe and could almost cry it's so painful. I'm not sure if she's changed her latch or if I'm still just sore from being pregnant. It feels like she's biting me when she latches on. It usually starts to feel a little better after a min. or so. A few weeks ago my nipples were constantly sore b/c of my pregnancy, but not anymore. I only have pain when she nurses. I'd really like to continue night nursing her for a month or two yet, and I'll fight through the pain to meet that end, however, anything you could think of to help would be so appreciated! Thanks
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: mamal | Date: Feb 23rd, 2008 9:46 PM
It sounds like it may be thrush. Have you ever had it to compare? During pregnancy you have a high chance to develop thrush because of the changing hormones. Here is a link to a bunch of links that will be helpful. If it is thrush it is best to treat you both and also make sure you boil all binkies, sippy cups, bras, anything that comes in contact with your breasts and Gabriella's mouth.
http://www.kellymom.com/bf/co
ncerns/thrush/thrush-resources.html

I
hope I am being overly cautious and it is just the pain of pregnancy but then again that would really suck too! I hope you feel better soon. You are one amazing mom! You are providing life to 3 people right now!!
http://www.kellymom.com/bf/c
oncerns/thrush/thrush-resources.htm
l

Name: LindsayK | Date: Feb 25th, 2008 1:35 PM
I've never had thrush or any other breastfeeding problems. I hope we don't have it though, I checked out the links. I'm fairly certain we don't. Neither of us have any of the other symptoms listed, just my sore nipples. I'm thinking it must just be from being pregnant. My husband jokingly said it's from nursing her too long! He wanted her weaned immediately after she turned a year. He thinks she's too old for it, hence my weaning her down to just night feedings, I thought that would at least look like I'm making an effort! It's really too bad, b/c I have all the support I could ever ask for from my doctor when it comes to extended nursing, but not from my husband and close family and friends. I would like her weaned before the new baby arrives though, so I'm very slowly working towards that. Thanks for you thoughts once again Mamal! 

Name: mamal | Date: Mar 1st, 2008 2:53 AM
How have you been feeling? Has the pain lessened? worsened? I hope things are feeling better. I forgot to ask are you using lanolin / lanisoah? Because if not I would go out and get some, it may help.
I wish I had some good advice for helping your husband understand. The only thing I could suggest is to tell him, that is fine you will stop breastfeeding but HE has to wake up, make a bottle, clean the bottles and feed DD in the middle of the night when neccesary. If that is too hard than stop complaining about it and let you feed the baby. Just a suggestion but IDK. Again you are doing an amazing job and all that matters is you and DD know that! 

Name: playmatex3x | Date: Mar 2nd, 2008 1:09 AM
when i was breastfeeding, it hurt when she latched on too.. my doctor told me that, yes it was thrush, and that i need to make sure she has the whole nipple in her mouth instead of just the end. the thrush went away and it still hurt and they still said to get the whole nipple in her mouth 

Name: LindsayK | Date: Mar 2nd, 2008 2:39 AM
The pain has lessened a little I think, thanks for asking! I'm still pretty sure it is just tenderness from being pregnant. I have some lasinoh from when she was first born, I didn't think of using it though. Thanks. As for hubby, he's lightened up about it now that I'm just night nursing her. I think he was embarassed when I was still nursing her during the day if others were around. Thanks for all your continued support! 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us