Hello, guest
|
Name: gemma
[ Original Post ]
i just gave birth to a healthy baby girl but my nipples have become really tender and they hurt wen i feed her can any one give me some advise please
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: firewife | Date: Aug 19th, 2006 12:55 AM
it takes about 7-10 days for it to go away, but stick with it, it gets better, sometimes sore nipples are a result of an improper latch, have you talked to a lacation consultant? I used lanolin after every feeding and before I showered, I also tried to go shirt and braless as much as possible, the air seemed to help, although it was not easy to do since everyone kept coming over to see the new baby! Another great relief was expressing a bit of milk and leting it airdry on my nipples..seemed to help, I have also heard cold cabbage leaves, soothies and bra shells 

Name: momof3 | Date: Aug 19th, 2006 1:36 AM
Buy ome Lanolin!!! It works great. Don't give up, it hurts at first but it is worth it. Good Luck!! 

Name: koz | Date: Aug 19th, 2006 1:52 AM
I had the same problem and just about quit nursing on like the 5th day cuz I was so miserable..one of my good friend encouraged me to continue she said it gets better and it did. In the meantime I got a cream called Lanoish(sp?) it's in the baby section and it helped a lot..trust me it wont last forever! as firewife said put a bit of milk on the nipples and let it dry that did help me too 

Name: Farah | Date: Aug 19th, 2006 6:59 PM
Hello and congratulations on the baby and for breastfeeding her too! It's such a rewarding job! My baby girl is 8 weeks old as of yesterday and what these women write is right! My soreness went away about the 5th day or so and I had lanolin cream and also these cooling patches (the patches were expensive and did nothing!) but what worked best was when my milk came in I would squeeze out extra and let it dry on my nipples. Just hang in there, for the first 4 days every single time my little one latched on it hurt so bad I'd hold my breath and I'd have to remember to breath....and then I was sitting there a few days later and all the sudden realized that it hadn't hurt! Now my baby's a 15 pound little breast piggy, lol.
www.breastfeeding.com
someone else told me about this site and it answered so many of my questions. 

Name: squeemommy | Date: Aug 26th, 2006 4:43 AM
I used Purelan on my nipples before I nursed my children, if I was sore. I also pumped out the sore nipples when I could. Also, you have to make sure that you are getting enough of the nipple and aerola in her mouth. It is hard to do that in the beginning sometimes. It will get better. 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us