Hello, guest
|
Name: briseis
[ Original Post ]
ok. can only type with one hand because breastfeeding as usual! joey wants to feed all the time. i never seem to get anything done. if i dare to even type or eat while feeding he loses his latch, and so i feel i'm constantly just sitting feeding. i have a house to clean, pets to see to, my birdcage hasn't been cleaned in 3 weeks! he screams if he isn't feeding or sleeping or getting attention. i never seem to be able to put him down because he just screams and i'm getting fierce migraine attacks and can't even take effective pain relief as breastfeeding! my life is becoming more and more monotonous. while my house and pets are being neglected i have to sit feeding joey. i'm lucky if i get to eat. is this normal??????????
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: LindsayK | Date: Oct 7th, 2007 3:03 AM
How old is he? All I can really say is hang in there, it does get better! Does he take a soother? My daughter didn't take one at first and I gave up on it for awhile, but I tried again around 5 months and she took it then. I just used it to get her off the breast once she fell asleep. Otherwise she'd scream and want my nipple in her mouth the entire time she slept. I didn't get much housework done when she was really young, not that I do now though either. She's 12 months now and I spend most of my day picking up after her, just so there's room to walk! But, she used to camp out at my breast most of the day. Especially the first few months. She was feeding at least every two hours for the longest time. Then eventually went down to three, then four or five and so on. Now at one year, she nurses first thing in the morning then around noon, sometime late afternoon and then before bed. She still nurses a couple times through the night as well. But, I've adjusted. That's about all you can do! Good Luck, and congrats on nursing. I think it's the best thing you can do for your baby. 

Name: Ces | Date: Oct 7th, 2007 8:18 AM
Best piece advice I have is the same as Lindsay's....try a pacifier. I was having the same problem with Wyatt when he was little and a friend of mine gave me a newborn pacifier, he took it a couple of times until he feel asleep and things settled down after that. The nursing does decrease the older they get. Wyatt is now 13 months and feds lunchtime before bed, late afternoon and then nighttime before bed, he still feeds through the night once or twice. Its alot better than every 2 hours when he was little. A clinic nurse suggested a formula fed for his fussy times (early evening most nights), I tried to comp feed him but he wouldnt take formula from me. It did settle him down the couple of times I managed to get him to take it. Good luck. 

Name: briseis | Date: Oct 7th, 2007 9:09 PM
He'll be 4 weeks on Tuesday. I bought a soother yesterday, and it seems to be helping a bit. I confess I'm giving him a bottle for his night feeds as he keeps falling asleep on the breast, and then screaming if I dare to put him back in his moses basket. :) 

Name: mamal | Date: Oct 9th, 2007 12:47 PM
Unfortunately and fortunately this is completely normal. When of the best solutions for mommies with other little ones is a Moby wrap or something similiar. This way baby can nurse when he wants and you are able to do everything you want (well within reason of course LOL).

This is a link to an article about waking a sleepy baby.
http://www.breastfeedingbasics.
com/html/waking_a_sleepy_baby.shtml
I
am sorry there isn't any easier way about it but I hope this info helps! Good Luck! Congratulations on breastfeeding you are giving your little one an amazing start to life!! 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us