Hello, guest
|
Name: timmygirl
[ Original Post ]
Hi, I've been posting here a long time ago when I was still in my first trimester. I gave birth to my son last week. I am concerned of his umbilical cord. Today it's bleeding, like a couple of drops of blood... is this something that I need to be concerned of? I am so worried about it. Please help.
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: missmara | Date: Mar 3rd, 2007 6:13 PM
When caring for the umbilical cord, be sure to keep it dry until it falls off, so no baths (just wipe the baby down with a washcloth). Also, several times a day, take a cotton ball soaked with alcohol and wipe around the cord - this helps dry it out and keep bacteria out. I think a little blood is okay, but if it starts to ooze yellow pus or smell funky, let the doctor know. My daughter's cord would leave little spots of blood on her onesies sometimes. 

Name: timmygirl | Date: Mar 3rd, 2007 9:13 PM
how long does umbilical cord takes to heal? 

Name: missmara | Date: Mar 3rd, 2007 10:58 PM
I think by 2 - 3 weeks it should dry up and fall off. My daughter still had a little dried blood though until after her first real bath. 

Name: Randi | Date: Mar 4th, 2007 3:07 AM
My sons cord bled a little as well. I took him to the doctor for his 1 week check up and they gave e a prescription antibiotic cream for it. It was just a precaution, my doc said that when it's open, there is a greater risk for infection. 

Name: rachtwins | Date: Mar 8th, 2007 8:05 AM
I still bathed my bub was told it was ok from OB and cleaned it with a cotten bud afterwards. Took a week to heal 

Name: chantel1 | Date: Mar 8th, 2007 1:19 PM
Congratulations!!!! aren't they just the most beautiful thing you've ever seen? well as for his umbilical cord i wouldn't be to worried about it unless it gets worse, i would try to avoid putting clothes that can catch on it on him and i wouldn't put any creams on his stomache. some mothers are told to put creams or stuff on their childrens stomaches and umbilical cords but i never did and my bub never had a prob, but if your worried just ask your doc it will ease your mind, good luck:) 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us