Hello, guest
|
Name: jo
[ Original Post ]
hey all, anyone got any tips on how i can get my little monkey to sleep through the night in his own bed (or jst some of the night would help) he is 9 months old and wants to be bf to sleep he wnt sleep anyother way and will cry and cry in his cot, they say they will wear them selves out but he dosnet. should i jst quit bfeeding. i dnt no wot to do im so exausted!
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: mamal | Date: Jun 13th, 2007 1:43 PM
I wish I had a good answer for you but I don't, I am sorry. Sleep is such an individual thing. I can tell you my guy didn't sleep through the night until 13 months or so. He does sound like a very normal little guy tho.
I know it is so hard with the lack of sleep and time it takes to breastfeed. You are an amazing mom for doing this for him. He is one lucky boy to have a mom that cares so much.
You are in the final stretch only 3 more months. See if you can hang on, just take it week by week. You have hung on for so long, you are doing great! Again I am sorry I don't have a better answer. 

Name: LindsayK | Date: Jun 14th, 2007 1:41 AM
I can't really offer any advice as I am in the same boat as you, but I'm here to tell you you're not alone, as if that helps, right?! :) My daughter is 8 1/2 months old. She has to be nursed or rocked to sleep. She co-sleeps with hubby and I, also. Just this week she slept through the night twice (from 9:30pm -6:00), but didn't then last night. She was still up for her 3:00am feed.

I haven't tried this, but I read that if they get up around the same times every night, to wake them up like a half hour prior, and feed them. Then gradually eliminate doing this. It's supposed to change their internal clock around or something. I think this info.s from Dr.Sears. You can always go to his webisite if you want info on it. Good Luck! 

Name: sapslucymom | Date: Jun 14th, 2007 11:04 PM
Sleeping is such an individual thing, but stopping bf will probably make things worse. Then you can't comfort him to where he will fall asleep quickly. My oldest started sleeping through the night (6 hours) when she was 7 months, but my youngest didn't until 13 months. American Academy of Pediactrics states that for a child under a year of age sleeping through the night is between 5-6 hours. So you are doing well if that is the case. Hope things get better (they will). 

Name: jo | Date: Jun 16th, 2007 9:30 AM
hey thanks for all your advice, its gd to no im not alone, have decided to keep wiv the bfeeding at least till hes 1 (dnt think hed let me stop anyways) thanks 

Name: cheryl | Date: Jul 13th, 2007 8:16 PM
i am in the same boat with my 6 month old son. He does find initally falling alseep. sometimes he will sleep froma bout 7:30-2-3 am and sometime he will sleep from 7:30pm-10:30 pm. If he wakes up around 10:30 I know its going to be a long night. it seems once he wakes up 1 time he's up like every 1-2 hours after that.... 

Name: ..RoSey.. | Date: Jul 29th, 2007 12:26 PM
there is nothing more natural than your baby falling asleep on your breast. 

Name: mamal | Date: Jul 29th, 2007 3:22 PM
You will get your sleep. It is only a short period of their and your life that is sleepless. I know it feels like it will never end but it does, I promise. I would not quit breastfeeding for this reason. You have made it so far and you are in the final stretch. It is only a few more months. I know that you can do it!! You are doing such a great job!!!

CIO is never a method that I advocate. If your little one is crying there is a reason and no he is not manipulating you. Crying is their only form of communication at that age.

Remember when comparing babies that milestones are not marked by ages, everyone develops differently. The worse thing you can do is compare your children in that way, it never makes anyone feel good.

"Your baby will begin to comfort herself and to sleep for longer stretches at her own developmental pace. If your baby wants to nurse at night, it is because she DOES need this, whether it's because she is hungry or because she wants to be close to mom. Sleeping through the night is a developmental milestone (like walking or toilet training) that your baby will reach when she is ready to. Trying to force or coax baby to reach this before her time may result in other problems later on.

If you can try to take a more relaxed approach and trust that it will come in time, you'll see your baby eventually become a good sleeper. You'll be able to rest peacefully in your heart and mind knowing that she reached this in her own time when she felt secure enough to do so, not because he had no other choice but to quiet herself because no one would come.

Probably one of the main reasons that night-waking babies are such a big issue is that parents don't have realistic expectations of the sleep patterns of babies. We are bombarded with magazine articles and books that perpetuate the myth that babies should not have nighttime needs. Babies were designed to wake up often at night to feed and cuddle, and keep in mind that many adults wake during the night, too. If our expectations for babies were not so different from our babies' expectations for themselves, much of this "problem" might disappear."
This has some amazing information in here to help you decide the best way for you both.
http://www.kellymom.com
/parenting/sleep/sleep.html
TIPS FOR EASIER NIGHT NURSING
http://www.askdrsear
s.com/html/3/T031600.asp
Her
e
is a great article about nursing to sleep.
http://www.kellymom.com/par
enting/sleep/comfortnursing.html
I
hope this info helps you out. Good Luck! I know it seems like forever but he will eventually sleep through the night I promise. 

Name: mamal | Date: Jul 29th, 2007 3:23 PM
duh I already answered this one LOL Can we say ding dong? 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us