Hello, guest
|
Name: ellen
[ Original Post ]
I am 32 weeks pregnant . My boyfriend wants more than anything to be with me for my pregnancy and to raise our child. But every couple of weeks he drinks and does drugs and becomes convinced that I am cheating on him and I become scared of him. I have given him chance after chance to stop drinking and doing drugs, but eventually the same scenerio happens every couple of weeks. When he is sober, he is like a different person and it is hard for me not to believe that he can change. I need help and advice. He wants to eventually get married and live together but I am scared that this will never end. I don't want to raise children in that kind of environment. He makes me feel guilty for trying to leave him because I really love and care alot for him..also me and our baby are the only thing he has. I don't know if I can detach myself and be a single mother when he wants to be there for me and I love him so much. But I'm tired of being terrorized by this man when he is on drugs. ?
Your Name
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: winnmom | Date: Sep 21st, 2006 4:06 PM
Ellen,
I was in this same kind of relationship years ago. Things just got worse and worse. He has to want to change. Loving him is not enough. You and your child need and deserve security.
I would tell him that it is over until he can straighten out his life. If he really wants you and the baby he will change, other wise the both of you are better off without him.
I know how hard of a situation this is. Love and respect yourself and your precious baby.
Keep us updated , be strong and good luck 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us