Hello, guest
|
Name: momof1
[ Original Post ]
Hello, I have never posted in this forum before. I'm not divorced, but I do have a child with my ex. And I have a question. My son's father has been and out of his life since he was 3. And he is taking our son for 10 days to visit his family. During the time that my son is with his father, I'm going out of town for a few days. He is demanding to know where I'm going, who I'll be with. I have a cell phone, so he will be able to get ahold of me if he needs to. My question is do I have to tell him all of this information? I don't ask him where he is at all times. I would love to know what other people think about this. Thanks! :)
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: momof1 | Date: Dec 24th, 2006 12:29 AM
one more thing, I have no problem telling him where I'm going, but he is telling me if I don't tell him everything that he wants to know that he says that he might take me to court and try to get custody of my son. I'm a wonderful mother, and he is very well taken care of. And i can't imagine my life without my son. 

Name: Lizzi | Date: Dec 24th, 2006 1:19 AM
Normally I'd say it is none of his business but beings he will have your son during that time,I think it's a good idea for you to let him know where you will be for emergency purposes. Just humor him so he will shut up with the threats,especially since you say you don't have a problem with him knowing where you are anyway. 

Name: atomic snowflake | Date: Dec 26th, 2006 2:18 PM
No, he doesn't have the right to treat you like this! He wouldn't be able to gain custody just because you refuse to give him all the details of your life and movements!!!

He's trying to blackmail and frighten you. He's a cheap bully. 

Name: Lory | Date: Dec 26th, 2006 4:13 PM
If you have a cell...and he know's the #. There's no reason you should have to tell him where your going or who your with period! He can call your cell if he needs to contact you for anything. But, in the end I say do what makes you feel comfort. And..he cannot just win custody over something like this. 

Name: tweetybird4 | Date: Dec 28th, 2006 1:25 PM
Momof1---No, you do not need to tell your ex your business. Since you do have a cell phone tell him that is the best way he can contact you for any emergencies. Otherwise, unless there is something wrong with your son or perhaps he just wants to talk with you, reaching you through your cell is the best possible way. He can threaten to take you back to court all he wants but it will be of no use. Since you are a good mother and you put your son's best interests at hand, there is nothing he can do about it. My ex tried doing the same thing to me but it didn't work. As long as you were intially awarded custody of your son, he would have to have specific allegations against you that was reported to DCFS. Otherwise, he's just trying to scare you and don't give in to his ploys. Hang in there. He sounds like a jealous ex. 

Name: atomic snowflake | Date: Dec 28th, 2006 2:57 PM
He sounds like a control freak! :-( 

Name: atomic snowflake | Date: Dec 28th, 2006 2:58 PM
If he wants to know where you're going - tell him that Donald Trump is taking you to Disneyland *LOL*

Feed him full of crap! 

Name: momof1 | Date: Dec 29th, 2006 12:07 AM
Thank you everyone for your advice. I have decided that I'm not going to let him scare me. But you know the funny thing, I'm not going out of town. I think I might have the flu. Kinda ironic, don't you think?? :) 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us