Hello, guest
|
Name: me
[ Original Post ]
My husband and I have been married for 6 years. We have no kids together. I have one child and he has two from a previous marriage. There have been several issues through out this marriage, but I deal with them because I love him very much and think of the kids as my own. However, one problem seems to get worse as the kids get older. That problem is his ex’s side of the family has plenty of money to buy things and take the kids places. And while their mom wasn’t that involved in their life before, she is more now. She takes them shopping, gets their hair and nails done. Between her and her family the kids are always doing and getting new things. The last 2-3 years they have been very nice and buying my child things. My child’s family from the dad’s side lives far away and sends what they can. I try to make up what I can, but that creates two problems. 1 I don’t have near enough money to come close to doing the things they can for the other kids. 2 it creates conflict with in our own home. We are suppose to be one family, if I am doing things for just her to make her even with the things the other kids are doing, am I neglecting them, or making a division in my own home. It would help if her dad was more involved but he isn’t. My husband doesn’t like when I talk about it. He says that it is as if I was jealous of the kids getting all these things. But can’t I be happy for them and still be sad that my child doesn’t have the same things. Am I doing damage to her, making her feel like she is worth less? My husband keeps promising things will be better, we will have more money to compensate, but it has never really happened. Would you leave a marriage to insure that you child doesn’t grow up feeling less important? Can you put a limit on how much the other kids bring home with out being rude?
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us