Hello, guest
|
Name: anais
[ Original Post ]
i know bulimia affects, among other things, the teeth. i was just wondering.. how long before you see the effects? i mean can other people notice or just your dentist? i've had bulimia for a few years but i haven't seen any effects. yet. and that moment terrifies me.
has anyone gone through something like that? has anyone had other problems except dizziness and lack of energy?
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: Pianophillic | Date: Aug 22nd, 2006 3:59 AM
hey.... as you know everyone is different so the symptoms really show up at an individual case... i had tooth decay within less then a year becuase I brushed my teeth each time after a purge. if you want to preserve your teeth (if you cant stop purging) then DONT brush within an hour after purging... just rinse with water or baking soda- that nutralizes the acid.
I have a severe case of bulimia now and besides the dizzyness and no enegry I have memory loss, floaters in my eyes, terrible acid reflux disroder... there are TONS of complications you can get - the time varies.. you can have your esophagus rip open, and need surgery, your sphoincters could burn offf from the acid, stomach ulcers, heart attcaks from electrolyte imbalences and you can die from dehydration- which you probably have if you lack energy., 

Name: Piscis81 | Date: Aug 22nd, 2006 11:27 PM
Anais I worried about the same thing and like pianophillic says, everybody is different. My teeth have been very strong, I have been bulimic for 10 years and it wasn't until last year that I began to see just under the gums where my teeth start that the acid was eating away the enamel from them and causing it to be very sentitive to brushing and some foods. Almost as if the nerves are exposed and your teeth become very sentitive. Are you seeking help? I would suggest you worry about getting help for this habits before not only this but other effects come into place... 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us