Hello, guest
|
Name: Erica Holley
[ Original Post ]
My son is eigth years old. I keep trying to get the "experts" to help me figure out what is going on with him. He was born with a cleft lip and palete. I knew something wasn't quite right from the time he was a baby. He did not reach the development land marks anywhere near the time he was suppose to. The doctors and teachers kept telling me he was deveolpmentaly delayed do to his surgeries. His last surgery was when he was two. He has had to repeat kindergarden. Now he is in first grade. He still has not learened his letters or numbers. He can not add simple numbers or read simple words. He gets special education three hours a day but it does not seem to be doing any good. can anyone help.
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: Dan | Date: Jul 8th, 2006 7:22 AM
hello Erica Holley my name is dan and i am 15 years old and i was born with a cleft lip and pallet.
I have had several operations on my lip and i am now in my last couple of years at high school
i am currently doing very well at school and i am lookin for people that i can help
i have now many friends and my life has been very good so far.
although i am a bit smaller than my other classmates but i am now gradualy catching them up.
All i can say to you is keep up with what you are doing and dont give up, which is what my mum has always said to me
thankyou for reading this and i hope you take my message to you onboard 

Name: Hello | Date: Jul 16th, 2006 7:15 PM
Erica, I'm curious have you seen any improvement in you son since you posted your entry? Do they think he may have dyslexia, or some other learning disability? Besides school how does he function? Is he just like every other kid his age? My sister was born with a cleft lip and palete. She has always been at the top of her class. She's beautiful as well. The things surgeons can do now a days. Your son sounds more like me. I have dyslexia and some of the things you mentioned remind me of things I went through as a child. If that is the cass some times special ed isn't enough. when he's looking at his words, letters or sums try putting a peice of clear colored paper (the kind you would use for a progecter) over what ever he's looking at. It sound silly but see if that helps at all. Let me know how you get on. Tara 

Name: winks | Date: Jul 31st, 2006 10:14 AM
Throughout most of my primary and secondary years at school I really suffered with my studies. From my experience with dyslexia particularly in my primary schools years the help offered at school was minimal. I spend time with the an education assitant on a regular basis, but this didnt really have much of an effect on my abilities.

It was not until I was fifteen that I really was helped for my condition. I went through a programme that has turned my live around. I'm now able to do things that I had only dreamt of before. I am now at university obtaining 1st class marks and really enjoying studying. The name of this programme is DDAT aka DORE. I would recommend this programme to anybody who is suffering from the condition. 

Name: nicole | Date: Jul 15th, 2007 12:23 AM
hi nicol itserica how are you illsee you when ever what are you doing im fineyou hose the baby i got a idea if its a boy jake if its a girlhalie ok ok alright bye 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us