Hello, guest
|
Name: momof3
[ Original Post ]
My puupy Nika is almost 6 months old now. The housebreaking is going pretty well. Every once in awhile there will be an accident.
The problem is when someone comes over she goes crazy!!! If it was just at first it wouldn't be a problem, but they can be here for hours and she still jumps on them and licks them. I know that she is excited, but the other night when she was acting this way she nose butted a little boy. In her defense the boy kept putting his face down and teasing her, but I don't want her to get hurt. How can I get her to calm down around guest?
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: lindalu | Date: Feb 18th, 2007 4:34 PM
Try ignoring the behavior! When a family or friend comes to the house dont allow them to touch or talk to her. Tell them to act as if she is not there. You can work on the jumping by every time she jumps turn side ways so she cant get her fron paws to land on you. This will help deter her from jupming! 

Name: momof3 | Date: Feb 18th, 2007 11:01 PM
We do that, but it is when people sit down, she goes nuts!!! Jumps on their laps, or shoves her head in between their legs. We tell them Don't pet her until she is sitting nicely. 

Name: Lory | Date: Feb 19th, 2007 1:29 AM
momof3...our maltese like to jump on people. And...he's a licking kind of dog. He's 4 now....and kinda calmes down when our company has been here for a few. LOL!! He's just a happy guy!! Loves people!! 

Name: momof3 | Date: Feb 19th, 2007 3:47 AM
I wouldn't mind it so much is she was a little dog. But she is almost 6 months and weighs almost 40 pounds. She is going to be a big dog, our older dog weighs almost 80 pounds but he never jumped not even as a puppy. 

Name: david | Date: Dec 20th, 2007 11:06 AM
yeah i need one question that keeps bothering me if you are not bad allergic to bee of wasp stings can you own a scorpion cause they have the same venom that bees 7 wasps have but can you get immune to it, see when i get stung i just itch the place i got stung is just red thats it it swells up a little bit not much,,, but you if you can help i would thank you 

Name: Meesha | Date: Jan 2nd, 2008 3:39 AM
I have a biting English buldog. I adopted him from my dad who had him for 3 years. Until he bit my 20 year old sister and then my mom. Now, being with me for 10 months he did the same thing to a few other women including myself. It doesn't stem from anything. Out of no where. He attacks and breaks the skin it's not even just a nip. He is so cute but I have to do somtheing. I am so upset about this. Both me and my boyfriend have provided him with and amazing home and lots of love. I just don't understand why he has done this again!! 

Name: cherisalorraine | Date: Jan 3rd, 2008 2:55 AM
have you tried teaching her sit stay on a leash when people come over? I have used it with hyper dogs and it usually only takes about 10 times for them to get the hint that you mean for them to sit beside you and stay when people are at your house 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us