Hello, guest
|
Name: Melissa
[ Original Post ]
First of all i would like to say Hello to everyone. I am a newly single mom of a 4 yr old boy. My husband just walked out on us. I've been a homemaker for 5 yrs due to such a difficult pregnancy. I have pretty much no work experience and very little college behind me. How do i support myself and my little guy? I've been putting resumes out but no one has called. My little man also keeps asking why dad isn't home. It just breaks my heart. Please give me some suggestions.
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: ~ Jackie ~ | Date: Nov 11th, 2005 4:21 AM
Oh No ---- I am so sorry for you.
Show your son that you can do it - he will appreciate it and realize what an amazing person you are when he gets older.
Do you have any interest in going back to school ? Check into state aid ...not sure which state you are from, but most states will assist you - especially being a single mom - with tuition and necessities (rent / food etc...)
You will be able to do this on your own!!! -
I am sorry that your husband left - i hope he at least sees your son :(
Good luck and if you need to talk - I welcome you to shoot me an email and we can exchange numbers ... [email protected]

God Bless!

~ Jackie ~
www.momdad2bee.com 

Name: Michelle | Date: Nov 12th, 2005 8:45 AM
Hi, Melissa-
Your story is just like mine, and here's what I did: I got a bartending job at a sports bar that was within a cheap bus ride from my apartment. After two weeks, the manager paid for me to get State Certification to serve alcohol-every state is different, but getting this can get you a job anywhere, and the bar itself benefits having employees with this certification. The best part was that I had tip money every night to buy diapers, milk, whatever....and, b/c I was working nights, my little boy never even knew I was gone. I got lucky and found a teenage girl and her mom to babysit after my son had gone to bed, and, even though I was tired in the a.m. when he woke up, I had money in my pocket to take him to Mickey D's for lunch.......
Look for a job that gets you tips, it will make such a difference. I saved up and went back to school to get my Certified Nursing Assistant qualifications, and now make good money working in an Assisted Living Home for older folks. It was really hard for awhile, but I did it on my own....and now make more money than my son's father does.
Good Luck, Melissa-it can be done!
Michelle 

Name: emj | Date: Dec 11th, 2005 4:33 PM
you`ll be fine dont worry.
you need to tell your son the truth.
ask your ex if he wants to see his son.
you need to ask family and friends.
from emily 

Name: Regan Weiss | Date: Jan 8th, 2006 1:59 AM
email me [email protected] 

Name: to michelle | Date: Jan 10th, 2006 1:03 AM
I didnt realize you make that much as a CNA? I take it your child's father doesnt make much money then. I used to be a CNA in a nursing home and the only way I could make half way decent money was tons of overtime, so where do you live that they pay so much more for nurse's assistants anyways? 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us