Hello, guest
|
Name: pendeja
[ Original Post ]
I REALLY NEED HELP

I HAVE A TODDLER AT HOME. THE BABY IS OVER ALL A GOOD CHILD

BUT DOING THE TERRIBLE TWOS THING IS DRIVING ME LOCA

THE TODDLER HITS AND PUNCHES AND KICKS ME. ESPECIALLY WHEN I CHANGE THE TODDLER

I CANT CONTROL IT I GET SO MAD AND FRUSTRATED I HIT BACK AND SOMETIMES ITS REALLY HARD IVE EVEN PUNCHED THE TODDLER IN THE LEG AND ARM

IM LOSING IT
I FEEL LIKE A FAILURE

I DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT I SHOULD BE DOING WITH THE TODDLER I FEEL LOST? AND WHAT I SHOULD BE TEACHING HIM

THE TODDLER WONT EAT VERY MUCH ONLY THE BARE ESSENTIALS JUNK FOODS YOGURTS AND RICE

HE WONT EAT FRUITS OR VEGETABLES

HELP ME OTHERWISE IM GOING TO RUIN THIS KIDS LIFE
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: Joeys_Mam | Date: Feb 21st, 2009 4:06 PM
I'm imagining that you're referring to your son.

You could start by referring to him as your son rather than 'the toddler' or 'the baby' and I find it disturbing that you even referred to him as 'it'. If you're punching your child you are a disgrace. 

Name: Joeys_Mam | Date: Feb 21st, 2009 4:10 PM
By the way, I also have a toddler and he doesn't hit me, or punch me, or kick. He sometimes fusses with food but mainly eats up. This has got nothing to do with the terrible twos and everything to do with the poor example you're giving him. If you punch, he will. If you 'lose it', so will he. Contact your health visitor immediately. If you're punching your son, he's in danger. 

Name: cinner29 | Date: Feb 22nd, 2009 12:49 PM
Get out!!! Are you seriously expecting anyone to offer you advice now? You have insulted the only person who has responded. You want help and claim you are taking steps to "help yourself".........well maybe you need to hear some hard truths in order to really make a change.......well you heard some and the first thing you did was lash out and insult that person. Do you realise that your child is more then likely mimicking your behavior? You lash out when confronted with something you do not like.....and so does your child. You are teaching them something by your actions!!

ok and about calling your child 'toddler' I too think it is a way to disassociate yourself from your child so that you do not truly take responsibility for your actions. I think the whole....'you know who I am' explanation is just an excuse to try and justify what you wrote. It would have been just as easy to make up names for your kids (just like you made a new user name for yourself) and then no one would be any the wiser.

I hope you are truly looking for advice here and not just looking for a fight. 

Name: bmes | Date: Feb 22nd, 2009 10:50 PM
oh boy. ok. well not trying to judge here, but i do tend to agree that the way you wrote you're post it really does look like a sign that you're trying to disconnect from your child.

as for mimicking behavior....could be true. he sees you acting that way and thinks it's ok to act like that too.

i have to admit that i sometimes lose my cool too. but some of my children't behaviors i can't figure out WHERE they got it from. my son bites his sister (which drives me insane and i'm trying to get a hold on it..lol) and i have NO IDEA where he could have learned that.

i think hitting your child the way you say you are is DEFINATELY NOT OK. however i personally don't have a problem giving my children a good smack on the bare bum if they've don'e something SERIOUSLY wrong. (ex. i was cooking and i told my son to stay away from the stove and what did he do outta spite? he reached up for the pot on the stove!!!! so yeah. i spanked him)...but...there is a line that you just don't cross, and it sounds as though you are on the verge, if you're not there already, but being abusive to your son.

you need to get proffesional help. i can't stress that enough. look to see what kind of programs and resources you have in your local community and please please utilize them, before something far worse happens.

temper tantrums and all he's still your little boy. get some help, so you can enjoy these precious years with him. otherwise you will regret it later on in life.

good luck to you. 

Name: bmes | Date: Feb 22nd, 2009 10:55 PM
oh and for the food thing. don't stress over it. it's not worth it. lol. i've been there. they'll eat what you give them eventually. if they're hungry enough. just don't give in and give him junk food. let him not eat a single thing all day long if he refuses to eat what you put on the table.

i used to give in all the time too. well you wouldn't eat this or that and you gotta eat SOMETHING...so here....have some pizza. i know you'll eat that. finally i said NO MORE...lol...i gave them what I wanted them to eat, and if they refused...fine...they got nothing then. they have finally figured it out that it's not so fun going to bed hungry. lol 

Name: pendeja | Date: Feb 23rd, 2009 1:56 AM
chinga tu madre cinner estupdia fea puta!!!

thank you bmes that helped i will try what you suggested

and no its not a way to disociate from my child i just didnt want to give the sex of my child away as you all do know me and know her age that is all

thankyou goodbye 

Name: Joeys_Mam | Date: Feb 23rd, 2009 3:15 PM
Byeeeeee 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us