Hello, guest
|
Name: mother2five
[ Original Post ]
What do you guys think of that pregnant man/woman thing whatever you wanna call him/her? I think it's just plain strange and they're setting there child up for bully's to pick on.
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: homemommichele | Date: Apr 7th, 2008 8:21 PM
I think that is SICK!! Dh and I were talking about that last night!! So did he/she/it keep a vagina to get the baby out?? Or if he/she/it plans to get a hysterectomy....may as well just do a c-section and take out the whole works with the kid??!! So did they change to a penis already??
One thing I know...All those hormones he/she/it has to take CANNOT be good for the baby!! 

Name: bmes | Date: Apr 7th, 2008 8:25 PM
never heard of it...but it sounds right fked up!!!!

well...to each their own i guess....not my life, not my problem. sounds mean...but there are all kinds out there, and i have no time to give people like that my energy. hmmm...yeah that's strange. yuck eh?! lol... 

Name: Nicolaaa | Date: Apr 7th, 2008 8:32 PM
I dont see a probelm with it....if they want a baby they should be allowed to have a baby. the transexuals partner is infertile so the only way they could have a biological child was this way...I think its taken big balls (no pun intended) for them to make that decision...knowing it's the first ever of it's kind and they were going to get alot of stick.

Michele....the transexual stopped taking hormones 2 years before conception in prep for this...the baby is SAFE. This transexual is not a "proper one"....all they have done is just had their breasts cut off...they still have female genitals and apparently he is planning on giving birth naturally.

think they will be a better family than many on this earth...and I give them credit for trying for something they wanted so much...regardless of what the publics reaction would be. 

Name: Nicolaaa | Date: Apr 7th, 2008 8:33 PM
I don't think the child would neccessarily be bullied....how would school children know that the baby was birthed by a transexual? After the birth...they will look like any conventional family...a man, a woman and a baby. 

Name: momo | Date: Apr 7th, 2008 8:44 PM
I think it is wonderful..i mean after all he still had his woman parts and the fact he could do this for his wife is great..I wish my man could do it for me..lol.. If we as people raised our children to accept and be non judgmental then these people children should have no problem..Its unfortunate that people aren't as accepting that the world is evolving and no longer is the relationship of just man and woman being the norm and more..People are finnaly feeling it is okay to come out..And a couple like this couple is feeling as if it is okay to birth a child like this..

I really feel like this is setting a big thing for not only science, but making head way in opening us up a little bit that we all come from different places.. 

Name: mother2five | Date: Apr 7th, 2008 8:46 PM
sad as it may seem parents do tell children these things and children talk among themeselves. They will know......mark my words........and some kids can be very cruel. I personaly think it's strange, it's one thing to be gay, lez. or trans whatever it doesn't effect me, or the rest of the world BUT TO BIRTH A CHILD INTO THAT CIRCUMSTANCE IS CRUEL AND DISGUSTING.......and I think the dr. whom allowed this is unethical.......and before i offend anyone I'm not a gay or lez. basher....I have a lez. in my family.....I just think a child should be left out of it, thats a choice thats ok if an adult wants that......but a child has no say and it's unfair and they are targeted...... 

Name: mother2five | Date: Apr 7th, 2008 8:48 PM
but momo that the thing just because we think ppl should be more open minded doesn't mean they are going to just because we say so.......unfortunatley theres always going to be ppl whom strongly disagree w/ the lifestyle.......which is why imo the child will be targeted......... 

Name: winnmom | Date: Apr 7th, 2008 8:52 PM
yes he (she) still has woman parts......and I believe stopped taking hormones......
Just because he wants to be a man......obviously he is not.......
Too me I see it as a lesbian couple......one with the man role and one with the woman role.......
this is where I differ Momo,
Just because times are changing......it is obvious how horrible this world is becoming.......people can do basically what ever they want with no consequenses( besides crime)
Gods word means little in this world.....His commands and his showing us how to live.
This goes for womans lib as well......a woman has a role as does a man.....and when a woman wants to be same as man, but still expects all the advantages of being a woman.......NO! one is man one is woman.
I am not saying woman should not have rights......no not at all......but this world seems to be a man hating.......men are taking down woman....etc......and this is not right.....
woman are woman and men are men.Both need to be treated as they are....... 

Name: mother2five | Date: Apr 7th, 2008 8:52 PM
They may as well put the kid in a shirt that says WHO'S YOUR MAMA......W/ A BULLS EYE ON IT...IMO......

Before I'm misunderstood to, I'm not saying I would ever pick on a child for this reason or on someone for being gay or whatever else I'm just saying ppl will......they should have thought more about that. 

Name: Nicolaaa | Date: Apr 7th, 2008 8:53 PM
Im a member of cafemom and have been reading the endless threads on this.....it seems it IS a big deal im America...no offence at all meant by this..so please dont read this wrong..but it really isnt that big a deal over here. Its been in a couple newspapers, but not slammed...more praise in a way....and a few videos on myspace about it (i get the uk myspace page)...

Do you think Britain is more "tolerant" of things like this? Is Gay marriage legal in America? (just out of curiosity) It's legal over here...im the daughter of a bisexual lol. Once again...im not being rude...just ....noticign differences. 

Name: winnmom | Date: Apr 7th, 2008 8:54 PM
HOW DID THEY GET PREGNANT ANYWYAS? 

Name: Nicolaaa | Date: Apr 7th, 2008 8:55 PM
IVF 

Name: Nicolaaa | Date: Apr 7th, 2008 8:55 PM
im guessing they must hav used a sperm donour? 

Name: bmes | Date: Apr 7th, 2008 8:56 PM
well..kinda jumping to conclusions i think...look at how much people have evolved over the years...people being able to tolerate and accept things that were soooo controversial before. like the evolution of the woman's bathing suit....the stuff women wear these days? put them back in the 30's, 40's or 50's even.....lol...and way back when, when black people weren't allowed in certain establishments....EVERYTHING....you never know...by the time this child is born, and is old enough to be around other people his/her age that understand the concept of how and to whom they were born to, it may not even be that big of a deal....you know? 

Name: Nicolaaa | Date: Apr 7th, 2008 9:00 PM
If i was the childs parents, i would move to another state and start afresh once the baby is born....and raise the child in peace...would never keep it's past a secret...but if they moved it would help the child grow without the neighbours etc knowing the history and interrupting how you would tell the child of their unsual circumstances. 

Name: mother2five | Date: Apr 7th, 2008 9:01 PM
bmes......lol there are still same backwoods ass ppl that are still stuck in those time zones and disagree and unaccepting of each and everything you just said......theres always gonna be those kind of ppl ya know....maybe fewer and further between but they will forever remain 

Name: winnmom | Date: Apr 7th, 2008 9:01 PM
True nicola. 

Name: ..RoSey.. | Date: Apr 7th, 2008 9:03 PM
Wow didnt realise there were so many judgemental woman here lol......
Nicola and Momo i couldnt have put it better..
This couple has just as much right as any other parent out there to have children.. whats to say they wont be the best parents on earth ?!?! Children only pick and bully other children because they have been brought up to think that sort of thing is wrong.... Which infact i dont see anything wrong with it !!! They are happy to be having a baby just like you woman were when you found out you were pregnant. I say congratulations to them !! 

Name: momo | Date: Apr 7th, 2008 9:04 PM
everything we do..For me..the way i look..who i am is judged everyday..not everyone agrees with me..or how our family is..because we are an alternative family ourselves..but we raised our children to see otherwise..does it hurt when people judge you ..yes it does..but you know what..at the end of the day..I forget about it and i move on..in the end..it really only matters what i care about myself..what my family thinks about me..Judgements from other people last such a short time..

i was bullied as a child severley..Did it affect me..yes..but it also made me a very strong person.. 

Name: bmes | Date: Apr 7th, 2008 9:05 PM
oh yeah m25!!! i do know that for SURE!!!!! there will ALWAYS be people who don't accept those things....of course...i'm just saying that those things have become more tolerant over the years, so who's to say that this won't be one of those things too? maybe now, MORE people will do it, and it will just be one of those choices people make in life, that people come to tolerate. like gay people....it was way more hush hush before, than now. 

Name: momo | Date: Apr 7th, 2008 9:07 PM
Nicola..i too am on cafemom..and after reading there post there..i can't help but realizing that all those attitudes and judgements how they will rub off on those kids..if that is coming off then yes..those kids will be bullied..but if we all just say " hey you know what..more power to them.": then no they won't be bullied..The power is in all of our hands to change this world..each in every one of us..the ideas that many people project to your kids is the way our future will go... 

Name: winnmom | Date: Apr 7th, 2008 9:09 PM
Yes i guess that is so true for most things......there may be some things that an individual is for or against in the changing times.....
personally I do not agree with same sex marriage, But strongly believe that a person should not be judged by there skin colour. 

Name: winnmom | Date: Apr 7th, 2008 9:11 PM
bbut these people DO deserve to be loved just like anyone else...... 

Name: Nicolaaa | Date: Apr 7th, 2008 9:12 PM
I was given hell on cafemom for having gas and air...common practice!!!! lol....it was the only pain relief i had! lol...I opted not to breastfeed for medical and for practical reasons and was told i was depriving my child of it's birth rights and was neglecting her needs...that reallllly hurt me more than i can explain. There certainly are a whole load of extreme opinions on there....

I feel...like an outsider...I dont really share many people's opinons...the vast majority on there seem so extremist...and i am so liberal i guess...maybe it's a cultural thing...maybe it's an age thing...or maybe it's the way i have been brought up.

I do have hope for the future....I really hope the world becomes a nicer place...as right now..im scared what sort of country we'll be living in in 20 years time. 

Name: winnmom | Date: Apr 7th, 2008 9:13 PM
I think that is where it involves the children...and gets passed to the children........you need to seperate the person, from the things they do.......you can LOVe a person , but not agree with their thoughts and opinions, or life style...... 

Name: winnmom | Date: Apr 7th, 2008 9:14 PM
and even parents ideas, do not always portray onto the children.......for example....I grew up with liberal parents.......My Brother is extremmly liberal, but I am conservative...... 

Name: Nicolaaa | Date: Apr 7th, 2008 9:16 PM
i've noticed rising incidence of racism towards Muslims in the uk though.....though my town has very little (if any) people who arent white british....if i go to the city...people are negative towards muslims..the media hound them sometimes. I guess it's because off all the "their stealing our jobs" hype and the 7/7 bombings in london....all this is contributing to divisions in society....I can see them forming on the basis of religion before me....though i do not think as a country we strongly oppose sexuality etc...im thinking that could be because we are not *that* religious? .....if that makes sense 

Name: mother2five | Date: Apr 7th, 2008 9:19 PM
I kinda take offense to being called judgmental......sry Rosey but re-read my post I think it's strange yes....BUT I said I feel sry for the child as OTHER ppl will bully it......not saying I ever would, as I posted earlier I myself have a lez. in our family.....I really have no opinion on that matter......it effects me little......my concern is that a child will be hurt is all 

Name: Nicolaaa | Date: Apr 7th, 2008 9:22 PM
lol i like that attitude bmes...hahaa 

Name: bmes | Date: Apr 7th, 2008 9:23 PM
m25....it's premature to determine whether this child will harmed or not. we don't know that. 

Name: winnmom | Date: Apr 7th, 2008 9:29 PM
good point Bmes.......
Know will no if the child would be affected or not. 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us