Hello, guest
|
Name: jo
[ Original Post ]
hey all, wasnt quite sure were to post this but wanted some advise from other mums who have had a c section. i had a csection 3 months ago that got infected, i was given antibiotics and the infection cleared up. i was getting pains on and above my scar line but thought that as time passed the pain would fade, it seams to b getting worse i get a stabbing pain on my scar line on the left side and wake up with pain somenights, i no a c section is major segery so is this normal, wasnt sure wot sort of pain i would should get and how long for? ?
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: atomic snowflake | Date: Dec 22nd, 2006 12:45 PM
Yeah, you'll feel pain and discomfort for some time yet. It can take up to a year for the scar to heal properly and settle down.

Scar tissue is also less flexible than normal tissue, so pulling and some pain is normal.

Try not to do any heavy lifting and go to see your doctor if it persists. You could be having some adhesion pain inside. Adhesions are kind of internal scar tissue which can become attached to abdominal muscles and organs. They're not dangerous, but can be a nuisance.

Try not to overdo it. It takes a lot of time to get over a c-section. People usually underestimate how long. 

Name: KarenM | Date: Dec 25th, 2006 8:21 AM
Hiya Jo, my c-section scar also got infected about four days after the surgery...it was a total bummer to breastfeed and take antibiotics...Wyatt and I both had the runs :( Anyhoot, re: the pain, after 6 1/2 months those stabbing tingling pains seem to be getting better for me and I have more feeling around the incision site now (for a while it was quite numb). I hope like AS says that it'll totally settle down by a year. Good luck to you. 

Name: alice20 | Date: Dec 27th, 2006 6:31 AM
its been a yr and a half since i had my son by c-section and i still get the occasional pains, i also still dont have full feeling i can feel but it just feels strange and not the same as above. I wouldnt worry to much tho it does take time and everyone is diff. Hope it goes away soon 

Name: Meagan | Date: Dec 28th, 2006 11:08 AM
I had pain with my c-section scar. Mine also got infected and I was on antibiotics. Now nearly 3 years later I have no pain but in certain parts of my scar I have no feeling 

Name: candles121 | Date: Jan 1st, 2007 6:46 AM
my daughter is 3 now and I had the same, infection for weeks after the stiches were removed and pain and pulling at my scar. plus i had to go under general anast.....so the scar runs from my belly button all the way down instead of across...
It took up to 1 and 1/2 years to heal with no pain for me...
I have 2 scars on my back from a fusion and they took about 6 years before new nerves grew over the cut ones....Believe it or not you will get some feeling back, it will only take time....
Good Luck!!! 

Name: Mikes mom | Date: Jan 9th, 2007 12:21 AM
My c-section was 9 yrs ago,and it go infected too. Not uncommon. The pain and infection went away within about 4 or 5 months, but still, to this day, it gets itchy and there are areas where there is no feeling. Any surgical scar has side effects that last forever. :( 

Name: jo | Date: Jan 15th, 2007 9:51 PM
thanx all for ure advice been really helpful 

Name: nflores | Date: Feb 28th, 2007 5:55 AM
I have had 2 cesareans and 1 abdominal surgery to remove an ectopic pregnancy which was done in the same incision as my cesareans. I never had any problems with my 2 cesareans. Of course I had the itching and the normal pain that goes along with it, but after this third surgery, I may have to go in for another surgery in the same spot because after over a year, my incision has still not completely healed. I was told today actually that there may be some sort of a tunnel from my incision into my stomach that may not have healed completely. So now I have to have a CT scan to see exactly what is going on. So my advice to anyone, if you are getting any kind of infections in the wound, go see a doctor as soon as possible. The first time that my scar flared up was on Thanksgiving day of 06' and I let it go cause I thought it may have been an ingrown hair or something. It seemed to have healed but lo and behold it has happened 2 more times. And now this is where I stand possibly having another surgery to correct the problem. Also, if any of you ever have another cesarean and you still have a pin hole opening in your scar after the time that the incision should have been on it's way to healing, make sure that something is done about it right then and there because my doctor at the time looked at it, cleaned it and put gauze on it. and that was it when she actually should have looked more into what was actually going on. And I forgot to mention that this surgery was 1 year and 3 months ago and I am still having problems. 

Name: Julie | Date: Dec 2nd, 2007 4:34 PM
My c-section was 15 years ago and recently I have been having burning stabbing pains across and below it. My PMS is dreadful, I have lost 3 days from work this month..... Because my c-section was such a long time ago I don't think GP is too fussed to be honest... 

Name: Tosha | Date: Feb 26th, 2008 3:20 AM
I had 3 c section my incision is very ugly and even looks like I have a extra navel and its goes inward. I still have numbness on the left side of my stomach and that been ongoing for 4 years. I also have alot of discomfort like everyday for the last few years ,its like something is pulling in my stomach and also moves alot on the left side of my stomach.I don't know it;s that scar tissue or what . 

Name: nel | Date: Mar 3rd, 2008 12:47 PM
i also have the same pains 3 weeksafter surgery. Pls help. 

Name: Christine | Date: Apr 15th, 2008 1:54 PM
Hi,
My experience is similiar to Julies. Unfortunately mine c-section was 18 YEARS ago! I developed scar tissue that causes EXTREME pain. I've been to a number of doctors - none have answers. It seems to get worse as I get older. The doctors said this is because the scar tissue creates adhesions. Good luck to you all. 

Name: Jo G. | Date: Jun 19th, 2008 6:07 AM
I had a C-section 22 years ago. I was cut up and down from the navel to the hairline. The scar and around it is numb. Lately I have had pains hit in those areas and a tingling under the scar. I found a small knot about 3" from my scar, larger than a pea. does not move,and very hard. Go to Dr. 6/20/08. 

Name: lisasing | Date: Jun 19th, 2008 9:36 AM
Single moms and dads, if you are tired of being single parent and no where to meet the right one . Try our site today! http://www.singleparentloving.com Blogs, Forums, Live chats, and lots of hot photo galleries! Free join! Meet your soulmatch in your area ! 

Name: Rae | Date: Jul 23rd, 2008 5:28 PM
I had a c-section almost 2 years ago and i still get discomfort around the area. It feels like a dull ache and sometimes it lasts for days. 

Name: Lola-May | Date: Aug 2nd, 2008 11:51 PM
I had a c-section a year and a half ago and I still get little sharp pains every once in a while. It could just be gas.

The more time goes on, the less frequent they are. Now the only thing that bugs me about my scar is when I have an itch on it because it's still numb so I can't feel the scratch! lol

It's totally normal to have strange pains and feelings around your scar, especially so soon after the surgery.
Remember that your body had to readjust everything to make room for your baby when you were pregnant and it's going to take time to get it all back to where it's supposed to be. 

Name: sunrise | Date: Aug 25th, 2008 8:43 PM
i had a c-section done about 2 and half years ago and i still have pains like charlie horse pains is that normal? 

Name: uma | Date: Aug 25th, 2008 10:59 PM
please start massaging your scar, and if its still august 08 wrap your tummy- csectionrecoverykit.com has some great products. 

Name: rachael | Date: Dec 3rd, 2008 9:13 AM
hi i had a c section 5 years ago now and i get alot of pain in and around my scar i went to the docs last nite as i had a ripping pain the doctors said where they cut so many layers it only heals on the out side and the layers on the inside get stuck togeother as you put presure on your tummy the layers rip apart she said its abit like ahernier. ever since having a e c section i have had nothing but pains and trouble with my tummy 

Name: Andrea | Date: Dec 13th, 2008 5:11 AM
I don't know if I am being completely paranoid, but I had heard on several accounts that women have had splitting/infection/hemmorage of their HEALED c-section scars because of wearing jeans that rode at the hips. And the overhanging skin cause moisture against rashes and just went crazy from there.

I'm 19 and I had my c-section last March. It was about 8-10 inches long but since then it's faded to right around half that. I can still feel the scar tissue in areas that have faded.

I'm just worried about having that happen to me. I heard that the only way to take full precaution against that was to have a tummy tuck...I'm not the kind of person who is into the tummy tuck type thing. I feel I'm too young for that kind of plastic surgery.

But if it's the only to keep myself safe then I'm willing to do it. I just need to know if there are any other options, so I can take the necessary preperations to keep myself safe.

I'm not concern about my body image, because I'm a firm believer that excersize can help, so I'm not looking for a quick fix.

I just want to be healthy, and remain healthy, for my son.

Thanks for any help.

If you could, please send me answers to my email. Any help is appreciated.

hellish_cher
[email protected]
Thanks,
Andre
a

Name: Violet-22 | Date: Apr 7th, 2009 7:35 PM
Hi my sister just had a baby about eight months ago through C-section and the scar is kind of red looking. It hasn't started to go away like it's suppose to or at least I think it's suppose to. She was wanting to know what is wrong and will it harm her if she decided to have another kid. Also I'm wondering if it was suppose to do that or turn redish pink??????? 

Name: hoobiedoobie | Date: Jul 27th, 2009 2:27 PM
I had a c-section & tubal ligation at the same time about 3 years ago--also had an infection in the incision shortly after the staples were removed--I had some annoying pain in the corners of the incision/scar for a while--now I find that I get really achey in and around my scar (deep too), whenever it decides to hurt (has no connection to period or anything else)--I also get sharp pain on my lower left side when I exercise (which sucks cause I'd really like to firm up my jelly belly) and when I ovulate, I get really sore in my abdomen, even tender to the touch sometimes. My doctors haven't found anything wrong with me...just seems bizarre. 

Name: Kyrie | Date: Aug 16th, 2009 3:49 AM
I was hoping someone who has a c section could help me. I had a c section 15 months ago. Recently I had lots of pain in one spot on the right side, as well as abnormal bleeding ( I should not start my period for another week or two. I was hopoing someone who has had similar problems could give me some advice 

Name: Jocelynn | Date: Sep 27th, 2009 6:21 AM
i had a c-section 1 week ago today. i am home, and on medication. My question is, my scar seems to be slightly raised on my left side, red and painful to the touch, or even just moving or bending. There seems to be alot of scar tissue and it is very tough to touch and tight. if that makes any sense. But the right side of the scar is perfectly fine. it doesnt hurt, its not raised.

Should i be concerned? the pain never fully goes away, and im in constant pain, just on the left side. any comments? 

Name: teresa | Date: Sep 27th, 2009 5:40 PM
jocelynn, i had a section 2 weeks ago and mine is exactly the same as yours. i think it's because your bowels are on the left? either that or they just stitched the right side a bit tighter!
it's still really hard, all over though, not just on the left. like i can feel a thick line underneath the scar that is rock solid. and pressing above the scar, it feels tough all the way along. the skin on my tummy above the scar, almost up to my belly button is very tender and sore, too. especially to the right and in the middle where the abdominal muscles should be coming together.
i had antibiotics last week when the scar became very red and inflamed but that has settled now.
also, weird thing - when i wake up i get this urge to stretch - not unusual in itself but my tummy muscles clench really hard almost involuntarily and i'm scared that it will damage the healing. it's hard to stop it happening! 

Name: gemma | Date: Oct 18th, 2009 7:27 PM
i had my 3rd c section 8 weeks ago and i keep getting a sharp pain in the same spot on my scar its only started today 

Name: mirako | Date: Oct 27th, 2009 3:49 AM
I had my c-section 4 weeks ago on 9/29/09. There's still pain on the left side, definitely more than on the right side. The skin above the scar/incision site is tender and sore all the way from one side to the next (7 inches total). The pain would subside slightly with Dilaudid (painkiller) and Motrin. I'm trying to minimize the use of those meds though since I'm feeding baby the breastmilk.
****I did research....and it seems COLD THERAPY may work!!!
I'm going to use cold compress on the area tonight.
http://www.ehow.com/how_2184244_he
al-csection-after-having-babies.html

Name: paige19 | Date: Nov 14th, 2009 11:54 PM
this is going to be my first baby and im scared to death about getting a c section!! please help!! 

Name: Shelly | Date: Jan 9th, 2010 10:50 PM
I need help with some thing I am date a boy and he's sweet but every time I with him I feel like I'm to yung to be dating I'm 12 years old and I need to keep it a scred from my mom and dad please help? 

Name: cheryl | Date: Jan 10th, 2010 11:21 PM
i had a c section 10-15-08 and it healed up nicely and everything was okay...well about two days ago my scar started hurting...the pain would come and go though..like about an hour ago i couldn't move cus it hurt so bad....i don't know what it could be...maybe period?? my periods have always been irregular and i haven't had one for 7 months... someone help pls 

Name: WrapWithJill | Date: Jan 11th, 2010 3:40 PM
Hi Jo!

I have an all-natural (botanical ingredients) scar and stretch mark cream that actually heals the skin. I don't know about the pain, but these ingredients penetrate the skin, so it may help. I am big into natural ways to heal...this product may help you too.

Check it out at... http://transformtoday.itworks.net/Cart
/Detail.aspx?pid=Ige0IF301cB777IF

I
hope you feel better soon!
Jill 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us