Hello, guest
|
Name: katie
[ Original Post ]
I am the mother of a 2 and 1/2 y/o little girl named Madeline. She is extremely intelligent for her age and the light of my life. However, my husband and I are at our wits end. After much research I am convinced that she has adhd. She is far from your typical 2 year old! She is constantly moving, and when I say that....I mean....she NEVER stops for anything! It's impossible to get her to sleep at night or for naps, or even to stop to eat. she is constantly climbing, jumping, running etc. She also can not seem to focus on a word we tell her. It's not as though she doesn't understand (her vocabulary is incredible) but it just doesn't register or something. She is extremely destructive, and can not be left alone for a single second. We are having a hard time with potty training and I am convinced it is not due to a lack of understanding...it's her inability to focus and calm herself down.

I know it is normal for a 2 y/o to experience the "terrible twos" but, this is beyond that!! The other parents of children I know that are her age are no where remotely experiencing this behavior.

I also am not the type of mother who wants to just automatically put my child on meds as a quick fix. I'm just at my wits end and I don't know how to help my sweet little girl.
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: Molly | Date: Jan 14th, 2010 11:16 PM
I was just like that when I was a baby. But I was actually diagnosed with ADHD until last year. My mom tried putting me on certain medications when I was about 6 but those zombified me. I suggest to just let it play out. I mean for all you know, that could just be her personality, not a mental disorder. Talk to a psychologist and see what they prefer. 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us