|Name: jamberrt | Date: Sep 12th, 2006 2:19 PM|
|My son is 2 1/2 and sounds like yours. I have done lots of things.|
1) lecithen in his juice morning and nite. granules from health food store. Start with 1/2 tsp and work up to maybe 1 tsp. Not sure if there's a limit.
2) changed all cleaning products in my home. got rid of unsafe chemicals. I have no more migraines so must be good for my family's brain!
3) taught him to breathe...we do it when he's happy...in the nose out the mouth and now if he starts to get agitated I say, let's breathe and then we'll fix this...
4) taught him to count. after we breathe I say count to 3/4/5...and then let's fix this.
5) talk out loud when I'm doing normal stuff - it teaches your kids how to think things through.
6) screaming is the only thing I couldn't stop. I'd say breathe and he'd scream no. A girl I used to work with has a 2 year old and 3 month old. She uses hot sauce. I thought it was horrible. I tried it twice and he won't scream...
Best advice I got was from daycare. Normal is what your child does. Doesn't mean you don't try and change it but it helps your child to feel normal.
Susan - [email protected] ↑
|Name: Lisa Thyr | Date: Sep 19th, 2006 4:49 AM|
|If you don't get some help your youngest will start to mimick this behaviour. I should know my 3 year old does everything my 8 year old does. My youngest is worse than my oldest was at this age. You should deffinetly have him tested or go see how to better deal with him. Hope i have helped. ↑|