|Name: rettsmom | Date: Mar 22nd, 2010 11:02 PM|
|if you are still interested i will answer your questions. my son was just diagnosed with autism and he is 3 years old. ~mindy (i will wait to see a response on here before answering all 12.) ↑|
|Name: Jsharp138385 | Date: Apr 8th, 2010 9:45 AM|
|1. Autism |
2. 6+ months.
3. Scared, Hopeless, & Angry
4. Helping them develop acceptable behavior
5. His Smile. He is a very loving, friendly child, but he stays upset all the time, b/c things don't always go his way. It breaks my heart that I can't make everything right in the world for my baby, but when I see that beautiful smile, it melts my heart.
6. His future. I know he's going to have to try so much harder than most to get through some days.
7. My older son is 7yrs. older than him, so I'm lucky there that he is more understanding, but theres still distance between them, b/c he is so aggressive.
8. I have a lot of stress I deal w/on a daily basis. It's hard to keep your head up, & keep your hopelessness from affecting the rest of your life.
9. He has occupational, & speech therapy.
10.I would rate his therapist a 10. They have been wonderful in helping us not only find out what was wrong w/him, but also in helping us cope.
11.Patience, & Understanding. My biggest concern for my son is that he's going to go through life thinking people don't like him, b/c they just don't understand.
12. At first I was worried that I wouldn't be able to help my son the way he needed to be helped. I was afraid that he was going to have a much harder lot in life, b/c of his disability. I've learned over the last few months, that I have all the means ness. to help my son. Love, Love, Love! The rest we will take on a daily basis, but the love I know he feels from myself, my husband, & his brother, will hopefully help him get through any challenges he will face. ↑