Hello, guest
|
Name: Tabitha Young
[ Original Post ]
Hello im new to this, i need some answers my son is mild sutistic but very angry he has been kicked out of every daycare and on his way out the door of this one. he hits and throws fits cause he dont want to be in a certain room or when he dont get his way. what can i do to get him in line?
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: niffer66 | Date: Dec 6th, 2006 11:25 PM
Contact your local school system. They HAVE to accomodate the special needs of your child. 

Name: mar22 | Date: Dec 8th, 2006 3:36 PM
sounds like he needs consistancy, children with autism do not deal with change very well and need things to be the same and very minimal gradual change with alot of prompting. does he have a worker to follow through with him in the daycare, if not maybe looking into getting him one the daycares are to accomodate this. then when he is having a fit the worker can dael with it and the daycare worker can proceed on. hope this helps 

Name: robinjoud | Date: Dec 13th, 2006 2:15 AM
Your little one is probably angry due to frustration. Is he able to talk and communicate? I agree that he does need consistancy. It is very important in their lives. Have you contacted your local Regional Center for help? Have you contacted FEAT? There are many Autism Support groups out there to help you. Do you have an in-home program for him?
Does he get help at school, if he goes to school? My son goes to a school which is specifically for austic children and it has helped him immensley. There are many opportunities out there for him and your family. I hope this helps and that things get better soon for you. 

Name: dana6 | Date: Dec 15th, 2006 12:16 PM
our 2 year old was kicked ouot of the nusery at the church for EXCESSIVE biting, he would bit everyone and everything he saw.......even the therapist, so the therapist suggested we put a play pen in there just for him and put some of his favorite touys in it from home and leave them at the church, so he would be familiar with it, his bitting has now decreased, and they have let him out of the play pen but let me tell you he prefers to be in the playpen, he wants to be in it, they said when he is in it you don't hear a peep, but when he is out he screams hits bites, and pulls out a drawer of the one toy cubbord and hides in it. 

Name: Scarlett Doyle | Date: Dec 27th, 2006 11:58 PM
Unrelated question: Was your child premature, a c-section baby or induced labor baby? 

Name: jacksmom | Date: Jan 28th, 2007 3:50 AM
After the 12 mos. vaccines my son gradually slipped into autism. He was head-banging, hand-flapping, twirling, lost speech, lost eye contact and he just withdrew.

Now two years later.... no head-banging, no twirling, no flapping, has eye contact and is starting to verbalize again. And... he has Down Syndrome to boot. :) Yes... even kids with DS get autism. Actually they get it at a higher rate.

What helped him? First I give God praise.... our son wouldn't be here without Him and we prayed and I believe He guided us. Second... supplements. Especially cod liver oil. I recommend Green Pastures CLO with the X factor. Check out Dr. Mary Megson's work on the web. http://www.diet-studies.com/megson.html Our Jack healed gradually... but he is healing. I actually had to make myself GET USED TO him not twirling everything any more!

Also check out Dr. Amy Yasko's work. www.holistichealth.com

We give Jack alot of supps - cod liver oil, probiotic, magnesium citrate, tart cherry and recently we added cilantro. He takes some other things too but each child is unique. It helps to find a good naturopathic MD or chiropractor.

Don't give up. There is hope! And... I will be frank here.... many mainstream doctors know squat about how to heal autism. Don't let that throw you. There are people who do know how to help. God bless you! Love, Jack's Mom :) 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us