Hello, guest
|
Name: tina_g_r
[ Original Post ]
My soon-to-be 5 year old son just learned to poo in the potty. I'm so proud of him I don't know what to do. My question is, now that he's finally going on his own, how do I get him to stop having to use Pull-Ups at bedtime? I've tried putting the plastic sheet under his regular sheet. No luck. I have even tried waking him up at night to go to the bathroom. Although that works sometimes, it's just too mean. I wouldn't want anyone waking me up in the middle of the night to pee. So, we quit that. We've tried not giving him anything to drink for an hour or 2 before betime. Well, you all know who persistent autism can be. And that's just plain mean, too. Any ideas?
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: irish Amy | Date: Nov 29th, 2007 11:52 PM
Hi Tina, the best thing to do in my opinion is to do the mean thing and bring him out to the loo, I didnt bring my son out a couple of times and he wet the bed so now I bring him out at the same time evry night, cos we also know how lazy they can be, or is that just my son? lol 

Name: tina_g_r | Date: Nov 30th, 2007 3:54 PM
You're right, Amy. I may seem mean now, but it's for his own good in the long run. Thanks! 

Name: dolphinlover | Date: Aug 6th, 2011 9:39 PM
no drink after 7 and make him go to the bathroom before he goes to bed and do not give in when he starts screaming 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us