Hello, guest
|
Name: lbtarkington
[ Original Post ]
I have an 7 year old son who is autistic. More on the severe spectrum if there is such a thing. Hes always had behaviors but at age 4 got really out of hand. We tried the diet gluten free cason free but no results. At that time we knew we were going to have to try medications.Risperdol was our first and it worked wonderfully for a year and then stopped working. our doctor tried another that didnt do anything and has been on abilify for abut a year. Now it stopped working.
When I say working I mean that it made the behaviors just tolerable enough to live with. We as a family have been basically home bound for the last seven years. We have shutdown as a family. Lost jobs because I cant do jobs that im accustomed to doing because they require me to be on call. My wife works nights so she can take and pick up both our children from school. We are a shell of the people we used to be.

Our son recently went back to behaviors so bad we just knew we couldnt deal with it anymore on our own. We thought we could get him in a psych hospital and maybe they could get his meds right. Now he is 250 miles away from us. They took him off all meds. Said that sometimes meds at high doses were worse than none at all. Sometimes when he has behaviors there they give him a prn of risperdol to help calm him, but basically said all this time that he was doing great there. I can understand this because basically there is nothing being asked of him there. He pretty much has free roam to do whatever he wants. One on one and they take him to swing and play in the sprinkler all the time which are his favorite things to do.

We went for a visit today. Took him to McDonaldsand he tries to eat other peoples food. Sits at other peoples tables and wont move. When we got our food he came and sat and ate. Then we took him to a park and he just wants to run wild. Of course we cant let him do this because he dont know that he can get hit by cars because it is a big city. Tried to get him to the swings but to no avail. We took him back to the hospital and he threw the biggest fit. The same as he was doing when we decided to ake him there to begin with.
We know he cant come home like this.Im afraid we are going to have to give him up to the state school or some other type of home. We are supposed to talk to the social worker on Monday.
My wife and I are distraught. We love ours son and want him home more than anything. But we have nowhere to turn. I have cried all day today thinking of the alternatives. I need someone to talk to who may have the same or similar situation.
AGAIN ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME! if anyone needs more info just ask and I will fill u in. Also we think he is a little MR too
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us