Hello, guest
|
Name: lizshouse88
[ Original Post ]
My name is Elizabeth. I usually hang around the due date crowd but I thought my question would be best answered here. I am 28 weeks pregnant with a little girl who we are naming Jasmin. I have started buying baby things but I have no idea what to buy as far as bottles go. I want to breastfeed. I know I wont have any milk supply problems seeing how I have enough colostrum to feed two already. I know I will need bottled for storage and for times when I wont be around to feed her myself, but I dont know how many/how big etc. I also want to supplement with formula. I used to work in a daycare, and I know how hard it is to get a baby who has never had formula to take it when mommy isnt around. Can anyone tell me what I would need? I want to primarily breastfeed, and only use formula occasionally.
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: Ashlie | Date: Feb 10th, 2007 4:04 AM
Hey there Liz, how are you doing. Congrats on your little girl. Is she your 1st? I had my first baby in August and she is great! But about your question, they have these little double zipper storage bags that you can store in the freezer for months at a time and they have a little area where you can write the date that you put it in! Then as far as bottles go just a few I mean I have about 6 or 7 and that is more than enough. Oh and my daugher is so spoiled with breast milk just the smell of formula makes her maaad!! Good luck! 

Name: lizset | Date: Feb 11th, 2007 3:21 AM
Hi liz , congratulations i would suggest you invest in a good breast pump and as ashlie says the breastmilk zipper bags from gerber for instance are good for storage. i had like twelve 8 ounce bottles for storage but with so much milk i had to store them in plastic bags. i froze a lot of milk during the first 2 months coz baby was not drinking as much. of course had to go back to work after that and i pumped every 4-6hours... thank God i had the double electric pump dont know if my boss would have been understanding if i had a slower pump. make sure you store your milk with icepacks or ice bags if you will work long hours. As far as the bottle to actually feed find one that will offer less gas to baby. As far as formula my baby refused to take it from the go.... i never supplimented with formula she is now 14 months and still bf. ofcourse with table food now. 

Name: jeffnjasharstad | Date: Feb 11th, 2007 6:27 PM
Hey Liz, my name is Jasmin, it's so cool to see that you are naming your daughter jasmin and it's actually spelled the same way!!! I am 34 weeks pregnant also having a girl, naming her Laylah. Well I plan on breastfeeding and for my baby shower asked for Avent bottles, they attach to the Avent Isis breast pump so you can pump right in them and then just put a top on. I registered at Target.com and you can search for breast pumps online there under teh baby section and you can see what it looks like etc, it'll also tell you about the product. Avent Isis Breast Pump and the Avent bottles. 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us