Hello, guest
|
Name: anjelsin
[ Original Post ]
I breastfeeed my 6 month daughter, and when her dad comes home at night he wants to feed her and she will scream for 2 plus hours before taking the bottle. What should I do??? I can't stand to listen to her screaming. He says that I am spoiling her. She is such a mommys girl.
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: atomic snowflake | Date: Jan 16th, 2007 10:51 PM
Ignore him. He's probably just jealous. It's one of the few pleasures that women have that men can't take away from us - as hard as they might try - childbearing and breastfeeding is just something that men can't manage!!!!!!!!!!!

Tell him to 'grow up' and go wash the dishes!!!!!!!!!!! 

Name: bmes | Date: Jan 17th, 2007 12:12 AM
That's too bad the baby cries when he tries to feed her. I know my hubby felt so left out cause there really wasn't much for him to do to bond with her, so when we started giving her bottles he was so excited. Anika did the same with him too, but we just kept trying, and eventually she just gave up and she takes the bottles from him no problem. I wouldn't give up on it if I were you, cause if your little girl gets used to only you, you might have problems when one night you want to go out and the sitter can't feed her. She should get used to others feeding her. Just grin and bear it for now. Plus, it's so special for daddy to bond with her that way, don't take that away from him. Maybe when he sits down to feed her, start out by letting him settle her in his arms and YOU put the bottle in her mouth and when she starts sucking then back away!! 

Name: Melissa | Date: Jan 17th, 2007 4:00 AM
there are many many other things that he can do to bond with your baby. you are NOT spoiling her by given her what she needs. nursing a child will not spoil them. how about he give her a bath or read her a story right before bed or you nurse her until she is almost asleep and then give her to daddy to rock the rest of the way to sleep. babies eat maybe a total of 4 to 5 hrs in a day. there are 20 other hrs in that day that he could be doing something to bond with her. i think he is probably jealous of the time you get to spend with her. my son was always wanting me and my boyfriend would get mad because if he got hurt or didn't feel good or was tired he wanted mommy! but now that he has gotten older (15mo.) he wants daddy all the time. my boyfriend can't even turn around without almost knocking cody down. he cries for 15 mins every day when he goes to work. don't worry, enjoy your little girl while she is still small enough and wants cuddled by you!

if you really want her to take a bottle then i suggest having someone else give the bottle to her. you have to be somewhere where she knows your not around. leave the house for a walk or go to the store. if she can sense that your there she won't want the bottle she will want you. have you tried different nipples? try different shapes and get the slow flow kind. also my son never really took to a bottle and we just used a soft spout sippy cup. we use the kind made by Nuby but advent make some too. hope some of this helped and i really didn't mean to write a book! 

Name: marija | Date: Jan 17th, 2007 5:00 AM
how on earth can a 6month old be spoilt????!!!!
answer
THEY CANT...tell him to pull his head in and let her happily feed with you....he can have the burping time...the getting up and handling the nappy changes at 3am and passing the baby to you...tell him you would be very grateful...thank you darling :-) 

Name: anjelsin | Date: Jan 17th, 2007 10:58 PM
Thank you every one for the replys. We still haven't fixed this problem but under alot of discussion. 

Name: bmes | Date: Jan 17th, 2007 11:29 PM
everyone loves to feed a baby...there's something very special about it. Yes i agree there are other things he can do to bond with the baby.....but there is still something about the feeding part that I know I would hate if my husband never got to experience it!! 

Name: HappyEndings07 | Date: Feb 1st, 2007 1:15 PM
I understand where you hubby is coming from the only advice i can give is the bottle he is using, I have heard and use the Playtex nurser bottles with natural latch nipples they say that it''s closes to the real nipple.

GOOD LUCK 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us