Hello, guest
Name: Lucy
[ Original Post ]
Your Name


Your Reply here

Name: Lydia | Date: Oct 20th, 2008 10:16 PM
I'm part of a group that just started up a site for parents and children who don't receive child support. They are recruiting to get a group together that wants to promote and participate in making an income for ourselves through internet sales, marketing and donations and advertising....spreading the word through ourselves, friends, family and networking. The hope is to generate income to distribute to the families that need them. The child support system doesn't work for those of us that don't receive help from the NC parents. The concept is rather than waste time with things we cannot change,..we can ban together to make a self supported income that would go back to us so we can be there for our kids instead of petitioning the courts for years on end with no results and working two jobs and waiting for a miracle to occur. If you're interested in getting involved the name of the site is Child Support Angels Network. The site should be live in a few days. It is intended to be a group effort so everyone can promote, submit ideas and bring others on board. 

Name: terriluc | Date: Oct 23rd, 2008 11:37 PM
If his child support is reduced, it wouldn't hurt to ask if he could pay half for his kids activities. All he can say is no. Since you used the word NASTY to describe your ex, you shouldn't get your hopes up. The main thing is to ask nicely. If he says no, maybe you'll have to cut back on 1 activity but not all. 

Name: Sean | Date: Nov 27th, 2008 5:05 PM
If he,s a reasonable man,and it sounds like he is,just tell him you can,t afford it and let him step up and offer help.By him going to the events he,s showing interest.Thats the first step,and attends most or all the events he should be interested to want to keep it up. 

Name: Laci | Date: Dec 9th, 2008 10:46 PM
I just wondered if anyone knew where I could find info about what exactly child support covers in the state of Utah. My ex and I actually have joint custody, but I'm the primary care provider. They are with me about 2/3 of the time and him 1/3 of the time. We have two kids and he pays $500.00 per month plus half of day care and medical expenses. He has taken the stance that now that he pays child support he refuses to pay for ANYTHING else. My understanding is even if he pays child support when they are with him he still has to provide for them since we have joint custody. He refused to even use his own clothes for the children when they are with him. I have to pack for them and send my clothes. He won't pay a dime more than his "child support" 

Name: jessica | Date: Dec 18th, 2008 5:57 AM
will child support force my babies father to look for a job? He had been unemployed for a year. He was fired and he received unemployement benefits for 7mos. Now he just sits at home and sells his stuff on ebay for money. He is in no rush to get a job. Will the court force him to search for a job?? 

Name: cindy | Date: Jan 24th, 2009 8:47 PM
if a child is going off to college as a full time student will child support remain the same until age 23 

Name: jose | Date: Feb 3rd, 2009 6:54 PM
i have to kid that i support last years the mother dont work last years she dont want that i put my kids in the income tax because she dont work what she did was tell her father o someone to put the kids in the income tax to make money
the kids last years was with her mother can i put the kids in the income tax because the mother last years dont work or what can i do 

Name: Ron | Date: Feb 11th, 2009 1:50 PM
i strongly beleive what ever parent has the children should be responsible for what ever there activitys are.and i also think if the child gets into trouble that the parent who has custody of he child should be responsible for him or her.not the one paying child support.if the parent who has custody of the children cant afford these things as far as there activities and and what ever else they need then i beleive that the children should be with the other parent..i know peope who pay child support.and never get there visitations.the child gets into trouble with the law the father has to answer for it.why should he have to answer to it.his x-wife dont let him see his child.if the paying parent should have to answer or pay the depts for this then that parent should be able to have full custody.not the one who cant take care of them. 

Name: mia | Date: Feb 12th, 2009 3:53 AM
I m sorry but this is kind off the subject, but can someone tell me what happens if i retract my petition for child support after my boyfriend has already been summoned? 

Name: john john | Date: Feb 14th, 2009 8:26 AM
the best interest for children is a 50/50 shared parenting system no women has the right to get full custody if the man has never abandoned his child and is proven not just her word . 

Name: Tim | Date: Feb 17th, 2009 9:41 PM

Child support is not YOUR benefit. It is your child's. Stop thinking about it like a welfare check. 

Name: danielle | Date: Feb 17th, 2009 11:50 PM
any body know anything about the 6% Rule when it comes to medical bills with the other parent? 

Name: Becky J | Date: Feb 20th, 2009 4:03 AM
I am 20 years of age with a (2) years old son. His father have paid child support only (4) times since our son been born. I have filed court paper through the state in Sept 2008, but still awaiting on court date. I had to file a Police report on the father a couple of times due to the father choking me, threating me at my home, father wants to fight or sending ugly text messages to my phone. I did not want to leave my child in the father care...with all of that said, I stop visitation right to the father in Jan 2009 due to I was afraid of him including what he may do to me & our child. This week, the father went & file through the court visitation right & stop me from moving. I am worry that he will try to take our child and run. I do not trust him! I will probably get serves some papers, however, I am only looking out what best for our child. What next...I can not afford an attornoy. I getting ready to move back with my parents because I am tired of the drama with the father. My child is always first in my life including his safety. Need Advice 

Name: Tammy | Date: Feb 22nd, 2009 6:02 AM
Hi Becky, Please go to your local safe harbor and they can give you safety legally for you and your child. I believe they can also talk with you about legal matters. 

Name: Kaitlyn | Date: Feb 22nd, 2009 6:10 AM
Was wondering if anyone knows if it's normal that a Guardian at Litem would request a parent to sign-off on medical release forms so they could contact each physician?

In addition, has anyone ever hired a financial accountant to do a background check on their ex-boyfriend? 

Name: Mari | Date: Mar 12th, 2009 4:57 PM
It would be nice to have them help with the other things but mine always pulls out his violins and sings the same old song about how he's broke and cant help. Fine! Ok now the kids have activities on the weekends and don't like to go to his house because his idea of time with him means learning a new trade. My son is 15 and he involved in an innovations accademy and enjoys going on field trips and going to school baseball games on the weekend. Should he have to be made to go to his dads? Now my ex is taking me to court again to reduce his already reduced childsupport because he feels he should not have to support them if they don't come and stay at his house. That is not the only reason they don't go. It's someting about him. He repells them. 

Name: greg san | Date: Mar 18th, 2009 6:22 AM
i beleive in shared parenting its the best interest of the child and if a man can not spend 50 percent of his time in his childs life than he only cares about his freedom and money only 

Name: greg san | Date: Mar 18th, 2009 6:27 AM
my only question is, where is all of the single mom booty call i would like to meet some im a single dad looking for some booty call only where are you at my love 

Name: justin | Date: May 7th, 2009 5:56 PM
Wow reading some of these post's really makes my stomach turn.. I know in some of these cases the dad prolly is a dead beat and the comments made are warrented.. But i have 50/50 parenting time and only make like 5K more a year than my ex.. I have to pay her 470.00 a MONTH in support.. She is running off on weekend trips, always getting her hair done, nails done, lives in a 150K condo with a new car and is ALWAYS going to the mall.. Now.. Here is sit living pay check to pay check trying to be a good father to my daughter.. You tell me how thats not just as wrong as those dads who dont pay or have anything to do with their kids?? We BOTH created our daughter and SHE choose not to work it out but yet I seem to be the one holding the bag. Bottom line if you have 50 /50 parenting time the ONLY thing that should matter is day care and medical.. Anything above that it should be worked out... If that was our arrangment and i paid her a FAIR amount and my daughter needed something extra for school and asked me.. I would not hesitate to help her! And thats my point.. HELP MY DAUGHTER not my ex........... When we went in for the support order in 06 she told me "she would be lucky to get 40.00 a week" and they gave her like 105.00.. I have never seen a person sign papers as fast as she did...... 

Name: bob | Date: May 20th, 2009 1:37 AM
if i remarry does my support go up 

Name: sarah | Date: May 29th, 2009 12:44 AM
child support issues

my boyfriend who is the father of my son was married prior to us getting together for about 1 year and had a daughter...he doesn't see his daughter and x wants him to go thru courts to get visitation...he owes about $8,000 in support...they sent him to jail and he lost his job which was a very good one and he was paying the support...he has since been unemployed...the courts raised his support and arrears from $120 to $150...the x got $3,000 in lump sum and pulls up to court in a brand new car last week....they have both filed for modification she raising it and him lowering it months ago and the judge still hasn't heard it...he only makes $400 a week after child support leaves us $280 per week for bills and to support our son...they court is NOT considering my son at all...what to do??? 

Name: Beth | Date: Jun 1st, 2009 7:28 PM
Im 16 yrs old and pregnant. The father, My boyfriends is 17. If we are still together and plan on getting married in 4 or 5 years even though we are not now, does he still have to paychild support? 

Name: NIKI | Date: Jul 6th, 2009 8:16 PM

Name: Arnols | Date: Jul 12th, 2009 7:13 PM

My ex is taking me back for a child support modification before the time quoting she needs more money for Summer camp, tutuoring and out of pocket expenses for insurance as far as the co-pay an the part that my insurance does not cover which is about 10% of the bill. Need advice for court date. 

Name: jasmin | Date: Sep 3rd, 2009 12:29 AM
i want to know that if your parent was dead for 5 yrs and the grandmother took full ownership over the child but the child has not reveiced the checks for 5 yrs what should you do if the hil is 19 yrs old 

Name: Dana | Date: Sep 7th, 2009 10:16 AM
Have you gotten any answers regarding splitting costs? I have same issue, only on other foot 

Name: tammy | Date: Sep 22nd, 2009 12:29 AM

Name: Carols dad | Date: Oct 2nd, 2009 3:52 AM
Well from a dads point of view times get very hard, we pay when the child or children is not with us and we pay again when thy come on visitation, imy lil girl is 10 in sports and i am asked to get whatever gear is required for that sport, now paying child support should cover that right? After all if she lived with me i would not ask for a dime from her mom, y cant it just be as simple as ill supply what she needs while with me and you supply what she needs when with you, i have come to realize its a money issue and fathers get the shaft 

Name: Jasmine | Date: Oct 21st, 2009 1:28 AM

Name: Lauren | Date: Nov 14th, 2009 11:29 PM
I want to give cousdy up to my loving boyfriend so DYFS is out of me life is that possible 

Name: voice in the distance | Date: Dec 9th, 2009 9:11 PM
Just put them all in jail thats societys answer to all child support problems. The non custodial parent goes to jail the children still get nothing the state pays to feed and house them in jail and the custodial parent who can't see past thier anger and vengance gets to be satisfied.WOW what a solution to the child support problem.The commonwealth of Virginia set a record in 2007 for incarserating the most non custodial parents for not paying child support but they also set the record for the most custodial parents not geting any child support for the duration of jail time which was somewhere between 6 months to a year.This was hardly a solution to the problem.Also let us not forget to mention although it probablly won't draw any compassion but there was no seperation of jail population meaning child support offenders served thier time with robbers,killers,rapists,etc.Also child support offenders served full time with no release for good behavior as where child molesters would get out early and be back on the street usually in 45 days.Some system we have here.Child support enforcement is nothing more then vigilanty bounty hunters only wanting to enjoy the chase and the catch feeling satisfied in so called doing thier job.Heres a good Idea how about offering to help the non custodial parent aquire a good paying job in order to meet thier child support obligations why not we do it for people getting public assistance from the state and also violent crime ex cons. 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us