Hello, guest
|
Name: mybabyboy
[ Original Post ]
My son is 6 months and he is teething. He has diaherra and he has pooped today about 6 times and the colors are yellowish and green. The doctor told me to bring him before 4 but I wont be able to make it because hubby is at work. I know he is going to tell me the same thing like when he had it before. Put him on the diet give him pedialyte blah blah. Do you ladies have any suggestions?
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: missmara | Date: Apr 24th, 2007 10:24 PM
Well you really want to monitor the wet diapers too cause babies can get dehydrated really fast. What is the main concern though? I would give him bananas and rice cereal since they will help bind him and make the stool less runny. Use a good diaper rash cream to prevent or treat a sore bottom, offer him lots of liquids - not just pedialyte (my daughter hates that stuff) Offer water, diluted juice, formula or breast milk. Also, use infant ibuprofen for pain, teething tablets and just love on him until he's feeling better! 

Name: mybabyboy | Date: Apr 25th, 2007 4:54 PM
I have been giving him teething tablets and orajel. He hates pedialyte too. He drink it knowing he has no choice. Today I have been giving him water and cereal. He already pooped twice today because we tried the lactose free earlier, but it wasn't helping. Since just the cereal, water, and pedialyte he hasn't pooped. 

Name: amminn55 | Date: Apr 25th, 2007 5:05 PM
glad to hear he hasn't gone recently. I know this sounds strange but i give my son jello water when he is sick. It tastes yummy and they're getting fluids. It's what i was raised on! You can even get sugar free so they're not getting too much sugar. 

Name: mybabyboy | Date: Apr 25th, 2007 5:48 PM
Thanks! Actually you just reminded me that I could give him jello. I had a list from before that the doctor gave me when he had diaherra 2 months ago and I had lost it. 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us