Hello, guest
|
Name: marskey
[ Original Post ]
As i sit here infront of the computer, crying feeling discusting about myself.. Realizing, my binge eating isn't just affecting my body, but my homelife, my marrige m job, by social life... i have suffered with an addiction to food for years... constantly gaining and losing, about three years ago when i met my husband, I was quite a bit smaller, i haven't put much weight on... i workout 5 or 6 days a week to compensate for my eating behaviour... but the weight i have put on is enough to make my clothes not fit right and make me feel uncomfortable in my own skin... i just had a binge on cereal and brown sugar, i actually ate a couple of chunks of straight brwn sugar. who does that? why do i have to do that... i just contantley think about my wieght and food... i usually do so well in the mornig and afternoon, but after dinner when it comes time to unwind from my long day 'the binge' begins.... while my husband lays on the couch i get up about 5 or 6 times before i'm uncomfortabley full making trips back and fourth to the kitchen.... i don't have junk food in my house so i usually binge on cereal or bread or nuts, anything, spoon after spoon of peanut butter... i just can't stop... i feel like this is bigger than me and i can't do this on my own... i am hitting rock bottom here, i feel sooo completley hopeless pretty much all the time, go to bed thinking about my weight and food, wake up thinking about it, durning my work day think about it... i hate myself, and i'm scared it ruining my marriage... we are only having sex about 1 every tewo weeks, and we've only been married for a year, that's not normal.... ia m so scared.. so scared.. i don't knw what to do anymore... please help... help....

Marcy
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: candles121 | Date: Jan 4th, 2007 7:39 PM
Marskey,
Are you happy in your marriage.....
The first 3 years are usually the roller-coaster years....But they get better trust me.......
I have been married nine and it took over 3 years to grow comfortable in it......and just this year my husband has turned completely around and now makes me feel like a queen....in those three years I ate alot....I am a stress eater......(notice i said I AM)...I don't think it is binging but I usually raid the fridge 4 or 5 times for snacks through the course of the afternoon if I lose control....It is even worse when i am lonly or sad...then i just eat and eat.......When the kids send me over the edge it is back to the fridge for me....
The way I have learned to control it is....I don't watch TV....that is usually when I eat the most.....i have tried to set meal times as well as snack times throughouot the day for myself....This way when I feel the need to eat I look at the clock and say to myself....It is only such and such time until snack time...you can do it.....And usually I have the will power to wait the extra 30 min. or so.....It wasn't easy but it has helped me a lot........Plus I set my self a limit....or else I eat until I am too full and then I feel sick....Like I tell myelf only one bowl of Chips and cheese and maybe an apple or grapes....I try to eat until I am satisfied not full....Plus I am always hungry right before bed...That is usually when my husband (bless his heart) talks me into MCdonalds (Which isnt hard to do).....Then the chips come out and you gotta have chocolate after the salt...and on and on.....So i try to stay away from Eating before bed because by the end of the day I no longer have the will power to say no.......And that's what does it......Saying NO...Letting your mind control your actions instead of your stomach......But I admit....saying it is a lot easier then doing it.....It 's still a day to day struggle with me....Some days I win and others I lose.....
i hope this helps you a little...
I will be praying for you.
God Bless!!! 

Name: marskey | Date: Jan 4th, 2007 9:43 PM
thank you for your reply candles121, i am in a low point and your thoughts, and just acknowledging mine, you've made me feel like i'm not all alone... thanks 

Name: candles121 | Date: Jan 4th, 2007 10:45 PM
No matter what......Remember
You are never alone......
If it helps.....Their is always someone who has a problem worse then yours......If you focus on theirs...Yours seems better by comparison..
Plus you see your own problem in a different light...
That has helped me through a lot..
God Bless!!!! 

Name: lucie | Date: Jan 5th, 2007 2:09 PM
hi marskey

i suffered with the 'addiction' to food kind of anyway, i had bulimia so after large episodes of eating i would make myself sick. There's evryone on here to support you so don't be scared to let you feelings flow out!

You should be dead proud of yourself posting! have you tried research you ED on the internet?

lucie

xx 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us