Hello, guest
|
Name: cherisalorraine
[ Original Post ]
can we all think of some self esteem boosters to help the people who are trying to cope with overcoming an eating disorder
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: cherisalorraine | Date: Sep 8th, 2007 5:00 AM
i just read a posting from a few days ago and i want the people who come here and are sick to know that i understand that it is an illness and not something that you just decide to do i would like you to know also that i am going to strive to keeps the postings that are going to hurt you off of here please let other people help you and if you are offered help and dont want it then please let the people love you any way an dont get mad at them because they have also lost control of some one they love and they are hurt because they cant understand what is going on in your mind. please look up ways to build self esteem through control of the little things on a search engine and know that i wish you well and hope you are all cured 

Name: cherisalorraine | Date: Sep 9th, 2007 2:58 PM
i am currently trying to locate information on techniques that allow people with eating disorders to feel that they are in control of their lives and still allow them to be healthy. i hope that other people will give some pointers as well 

Name: cherisalorraine | Date: Sep 9th, 2007 9:44 PM
is it that only one person in this forum really wants help or do some people not realize that they are sick ? 

Name: vaioo | Date: Jan 27th, 2008 1:54 AM
You clearly dont understand its not this site that can hurt you its the world !
this site is some were where people like my self can talk an share their issues its their life let them live it ! 

Name: sweetballet | Date: Jan 29th, 2008 6:26 PM
I would like more self esteem. I am not affraid to admit I am sick. I know I am. 

Name: gagrahl | Date: Jan 30th, 2008 2:39 PM
Hi,

I think we need to continue to encourage them to get professional help. Encourage their peers to invite them out for social events. Share feelings and thoughts appropriately. Journal. Write them encouraging notes and letters. Send loving text messages. Stay patient but keep loving them with hugs, encouraging words, compliments. Also, if you're a parent, hold them accountable for their choices. Give them chores to contribute to the family. Help them get a part-time job. Do not enable them or "save" them when things get rough for them. Stick by their side and provide support, but allow them to problem solve and take action.

My name is Gary Grahl, and I've been recovered from anorexia, self-injury, and depression for eighteen years. I recently published a book Skinny Boy: A Young Man's Battle and Triumph Over Anorexia (American Legacy Media Publisher). It's based off my recovery process and being hospitalized six times for over 300 days.

My website is: www.skinnyboybook.com

I hope to encourage and support others/parents of those who suffer with EDs.

Feel free to contact me.

Gary Grahl
[email protected] 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us