Hello, guest
|
Name: atomic snowflake
[ Original Post ]
I have been quite sick, so that's why I haven't posted much. I have dragged myself out of my sickbed to tell my tale.........

I was in the lounge yesterday and suddenly saw a mouse going into my hallway!!!!! I followed it and it went underneath my vacuum cleaner. My husband managed to catch it and put it into a container.

It seems that one of my cats has caught it at some point and the poor thing has paralysed legs, so it's obviously sustained some spinal injury. It's still peeing and pooing, so its internal organs seem to be okay.

I've built it a home in a small critter container and given it some grapes, orange and guinea-pig food.

It had a good night and seems okay this morning, although it's still paralysed.

I don't know whether to take it to the vets on Monday - they'll just kill it.........or keep it as a pet.

Naughty Kitty :-/ ?
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: lindalu | Date: Feb 10th, 2007 7:09 PM
Atomic that is so nice! I would have done the same thing. It's paralysas may also be that the mouse is old, that some times happens with rodents when they grow old. There is nothing a vet will be able to do for it! My rat became paralysed and the vet could do nothing for her. As long as the mouse can eat and drink than just keep it in the enclosure you have it in and do what you have been doing. Again I have to say that is a wonderful thing you are doing for it! 

Name: atomic snowflake | Date: Feb 10th, 2007 7:49 PM
Oh, I just felt so sorry for it. It's my cat that's done this, so I guess that I should try to help. We've rescued mice and birds from the cat before, but I've never had to keep one!

I got it some stuff from the pet store this afternoon to make it more comfortable. It's eating and drinking okay. 

Name: lindalu | Date: Feb 11th, 2007 12:48 AM
I wonce had a wild mouse as a pet. It was the same thing that you had happen, my cat cought it. We put it in with the other mouse that we had, they got along so well! Good luck!! 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us