Hello, guest
|
Name: Tiff
[ Original Post ]
I have 2 children, the oldest is autistic and the youngest(10months) has severe milk protien and soy protien allergy. At first it was easy dealing with the allergies because he was on basic baby food. But since he has gotten older wanting solid foods it is really tough finding anything he can have besides basic fruits and vegetables. He wants crackers,cookies, and other things his brother eats. But even saletine crackers contain soy. If he gets anything like this he bleeds from the bowels. He is even allergic to Nutramigen and Alimentum formula, he has to have Neocate which costs$43 at the local pharmacy which the only place you can get it and they have to special order it. We get WIC but it still doesn't supply enough. So if ANYONE knows of ANY programs that will help and of any specialty food stores for milk and soy protein please let me know ASAP. I want him to least think he is eating what his brother does. PLEASE ANY INFO WILL HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: misty white | Date: Apr 12th, 2006 1:24 AM
my daughter has the same exact problems. she just turned two. she has had them since birth. There is something you can pick up at a natural food store called rice dream. it is made only from rice and they have a vanilla flavored one and it looks just like milk its great my daughter loves it. The same people that make that product also make an ice cream made from the rice milk. If you can not find a store that carries it ask them to order it a lot of places will. At these natural food stores they also have a variety of grahm crackers as well as other snacks that are suitable for these allergies. One brand name is natures choice. Also call around to local bakerys a lot of them will take special orders for poeple with allergies, costs a little more but you can get cakes, breads and other things so he does not feel so left out. Much luck to you and your family!!! 

Name: jerry | Date: Apr 19th, 2006 4:56 PM
hello,
how are you doing there,please mail me back i will help you out [email protected] 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us