Hello, guest
|
Name: Angela1
[ Original Post ]
Hey there ladies any advice would be appreciated!! Thanks!!

I am having a hard time with my 2 1/2 yr old daughter. She dont listen to me at all. For example...
when we go outside and I tell her it is time to come in she dont listen to me. She will smile and run from me. No matter what I do or how I approach the problem nothing works. Even just to get her in the car I have to chase her. Also today I went to the gym and I had my bag, the diaper bag, my 9 week old baby boy in his car seat in one hand and my daughter holding my other. She let go and started to run threw the parking lot. I had no idea what to do. My hands were full. I had to chase her with all of that stuff. I didnt have time to put my son in the car to chase her. And like I said everything I have tried has failed. Any ideas?
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: E | Date: May 18th, 2006 12:12 AM
Oooooo, Angela1, I struggled with this (trying to hold on to stuff, a baby, and a rumbunctious toddler) for 10 months. Just when she turned 2 year 10 months old, a month ago, I noticed a significant difference. She just grew out of it. She started to be afraid of being lost and holds closer to me. But before that - there is not much that I can offer if you are alone with them... Put a little scare telling her that a scary monster can take her away if she runs away from mommy. Strap her to a light umbrella stroller if you go places without your regular stroller. But in about 6 months you WILL notice a marked difference. She will grow out of this behavior. 

Name: Lori | Date: May 18th, 2006 3:29 AM
I kinda agree with the scary monster thing.. lol.. maybe try to let her "get lost" but be sure to keep a distant eye, be able to catch her in an emergency but let her wonder around thinking she can't find you, might scare her the first time. I don't know if it would work for you but my youngest is scared to death of losing me.. and when he doesnt want to hold my hand I tell him he has to keep me safe so I don't get hit by a car or so someone doesnt grab me.. he loves it.. he thinks he is protecting me. Just a thought :) Good Luck!!! 

Name: FYI.... | Date: May 18th, 2006 3:37 AM
wow. i feel for you angela. one of my very good friends had to go through it. her daughter took off ALL the time. in the mall, at parks, everywhere. and she would laugh and laugh like it was funny! and i mean get out of her stroller, run under a bathroon stall when her mom was on the toilet, and a million other times. we would try and tell her that if she wasn't with mommy ALL THE TIME, then someone would snatch her up, and she'd never see mommy and daddy again. that didn't work. so one day, my friend and i are outside, and there goes Patience, taking off! well my girlfriend had it, and she went and got this horrible mask, put on an ugly oversized shirt, and decided to "grab" her daughter. she did, and it scared her little girl to death. Patience peed on herself, and she turned white as a ghost. although my friend felt really bad about having to actually go through with it and scare her daughter, it was kind of the last straw. her daughter never ran away again. never. she was and is scared of a bad man "snatchin' her." 

Name: to FYI | Date: May 18th, 2006 3:41 AM
How old was the girl? My four year old needs this, I am scared to death that one day she will take off and can't find her. 

Name: crystal (aka FYI) | Date: May 18th, 2006 3:31 PM
her daughter was 3 at the time this happened. my daughter, who is 5, thankfully has never been one of those who takes off. she did though hide under a clothes rack once. i told her the same thing......that someone could snatch her and do terrible things to her. i was watching CSI one evening, and there was a little boy who had been murdered and mutilated. i had my daughter come and see the dead little boy. it was horrific of course, but i wanted her to see what bad people do to little kids if they kidnap them. i'm sure many people disagree with my method, (my mom thinks i'm totally out of line), but in this day and age, you have to take every precaution. there are sick people in this world! SICK SICK SICK! 

Name: Jen | Date: May 18th, 2006 7:34 PM
I always tell my 2-1/2 year old that someone will take her if she does'nt stay by my side. When I am getting my 6mo old out I make her put both hands on the car or on my legs. She usually stays right by my side. There have been a few times she has ran around and I also threaten to spank her which usually works but she cries and make a scene. Hope you get some ideas that help. 

Name: me | Date: May 18th, 2006 11:18 PM
They make those things where you attach one end to your wrist and the other end to your childs wrist for that soul purpose so they can't run too far from you.I'm not sure what they're called but I used to use them for my child.They are cheap and a good investment.Your daughter could end up hit or kidnapped if you don't do something.Maybe you should spank her while she's so young each time this occurs,it might make her stop it. 

Name: Maxie | Date: May 19th, 2006 1:51 AM
I dont think that anyone of these soulutions is out of line...better it be mom dressed like a "bad man" than the real thing. Not to mention the CSI show. Today the saddest truth is we have to tell our children the horrific things...there is just soooo very much of it. You know your children...and if that is what it takes to drive the message home...so be it. Drastic to some....but for those of us who feel its the only thing to get the idea planted that to be with mom is the only place safe....you do what you have to do. We are all just sick for haveing to tell them the harsh truth...and if that doesnt cure them...mask...CSI whatever...do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Name: Fiona | Date: May 19th, 2006 12:00 PM
I'd try a wrist strap if I were you. I was still using one of these to keep control of my 4 year old boy at one stage! 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us