Hello, guest
|
Name: Lynne n
[ Original Post ]
My friend has just been told she has this.
Does anyone know what her chances of having children are?
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: NJ Jen | Date: Jun 28th, 2006 11:08 PM
Hi Lynne,
I, too, have PCOS and was told by three doctors that I would likely never have my own biological child. However, after much of my own research and advocating for what I believed was right for me, I did get pregnant and had a healthy baby last year. No fertility treatments, no injections, etc. I did go on Metformin and I truly believe that helped. PCOS is not just a cystic ovarian problem. It is actually linked to insulin resistance and, as such, many of us are on Metformin/Glucophage (this is typically a drug used for diabetics) even if we are not trying to get pregnant. Have your friend do some research and be sure she takes charge of her own health - DO NOT just listen to the doctors and believe everything they say is absolute truth. Good luck to your friend - there is hope! 

Name: Lynne n | Date: Jun 29th, 2006 1:40 PM
Thanks,i will be seeing her later! 

Name: Denise | Date: Jul 4th, 2006 11:15 PM
I was told the same thing and I have two kids now. However, it did take two years after my D&C. I believe women are told this, because birth control pills mess up our cycles and doctors can't figuire out why we can't conceive. 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us