Hello, guest
|
Name: Lynne n
[ Original Post ]
Hi.How can you say what you said in the last post about working mothers vs stay at home mothers.You forget that you are able to have adult chat everyday and then come home with your kids pleased to see you.
It is hard when you are at home all day and you have nothing but babytalk.
Dont get me wrong i love my little boy and i love being a stay at home mum it was my choice,but if you think that we sit on our backsides all day watching soaps you are sadley mistaken.
We work bloody hard to keep a nice home and look after our kids.My son is only 22months but i might go back to work when he is at school but it will only be something part time and to fit in with his school timetable.
At the end of the day which child will be happeir the one who knows his mother will be there everyday or the one who is left with a childminder all day long and would rather spend time with his mother!
You dont have kids to palm them off on someone else you have kids because you want them and if you are not willing to change your life at least a little bit then you should not have had childern!
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: angel of mine 2006 | Date: Jun 9th, 2006 4:09 PM
And what working mothers dont work their a** off just like you?! I'm just glad that my daughter will have SOCIAL interaction with other young un's instead of only knowing the family. By the way...it was my opinion so you need to stay the hell out of my business...thanks! 

Name: angel of mine 2006 | Date: Jun 9th, 2006 4:16 PM
Oh I forgot to add....who do you think you are saying that I shouldnt have children...what because I choose to work ... not everyone has the luxury to stay at home all day...in fact I couldnt stand being at home during maternity leave. Let's just say that I am independant and you are not...I know that if for some reason things dont work out for my husband and I, I know that I will be okay and that I have the skills needed to provide for my daughter and I. Can you say the same? 

Name: cinner29 | Date: Jun 9th, 2006 11:47 PM
What a touchy subject with everyone..... I stay at home with my son during the day while my husband works and then I go to work 4 nights a week (6pm-11pm)when he gets home. It's not an ideal situation but that's how things are for the time being. I think that everyone does what they need to do to provide a good life for their kids. For some people that means working full time days while their child is minded. The big difference to me is that though they are providing for their kids they are not actually looking after them during the day. They drop them off and somebody else does all the work. By no means do they love their children less. That would be ridiculous to think but they are not actually looking after the kids every moment of everyday. They are at work which means they will get breaks and possibly moments to relax. A stay at home mom doesn't always get that. I certainly don't have time to sit down and watch tv. But some working moms miss out on all those precious moments that happen each day while they are at work. It just seems impossible to compare the two. I think we all work hard and we all make sacrfices for our children. Sometimes life dictates whether we stay at home or go to work. 

Name: Lizzi | Date: Jun 10th, 2006 9:28 PM
Well said sinner29! 

Name: Lizzi | Date: Jun 10th, 2006 9:29 PM
Oops! Cinner29,sorry! 

Name: Julia | Date: Jun 12th, 2006 6:14 AM
Lynne-
Did it ever occur to you that some moms have to stay home for financial reasons? Your ignorance seems to think that working moms go to work so they do not have to care for their children, and can just "palm" them off on someone else. I worked full time up until recently because my hubby was in medical school trying to work towards giving his family a better life! I was so envious of my daughters child care provider because I could not be there full time with her when she was younger, but I also knew by me working at that time, I was providing a bright future for her. Please do not judge and assume working moms care less for their child just because they are not there all day. We are all doing our best and raising our kids how we see fit. It's a shame some moms have to come on here and pass judgement without knowing the family or their current situation. 

Name: Julia | Date: Jun 12th, 2006 6:37 AM
OOOPS, my first line was suppose to say "have to work out of the home"! But some have to stay home too because of child care costs!! LOL! 

Name: Rose | Date: Jun 12th, 2006 3:50 PM
Hi there all i am new to the site. I am a working mother and work full time. I must say that it is not by choice however I am the main wage earner so it was inevitable. I do feel that it is a matter of choice. I have friends in both situations and have no strong opinions on either. I commend those who stay at home as well as those who work. I have to put my child into a nursery although I do not see it as palming him off. I see it as a positive step to his development. Indeed it is a rench I can't help but feel guilty about it. I am also not implying that kids develop any better in a nursery! I think both choices are hard ones and neither are particulary easier than the other. There are pros and cons with each. I have experienced both staying at home and working so can look at it quite neuturally. One thing I am sure is unanimous - love being a mum!! 

Name: Layne | Date: Jun 12th, 2006 3:58 PM
If you couldn't handle staying home during maternity leave then something is wrong here. a new born belongs home with the mother if at all possible. there are jobs at home that can be done. babysit another child.untill a child can talk i wouldn't feel comfortable leaving it with anyone but family. 

Name: angel of mine 2006 | Date: Jun 13th, 2006 3:20 PM
TO LAYNE
what I meant by I couldnt stand staying at home was that I am a people person...I HAVE to be around other people or else I get stir crazy...I loved the time with my daughter during the day but we hardly stayed at home after she was 6 weeks old we were out and doing stuff. So that is what I meant 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us