Hello, guest
|
Name: Rachel
[ Original Post ]
I'm sure that many of you have sat where I sit right now. I'm lost, confused and completely frustrated. I can't say that I'm giving up but sometimes I feel like I can't take it any longer. My son is 5 years old and he has just started school this year and it's been one phone call from the school after another. He is a bright loveable little boy who would go up to anyone and never discriminates and he is learning everything in school just as fast as the other students but he lacks self control completely. Sometimes if you ask him to say a word that starts with T he will purposely shout the word fart or butt over and over again. He has no self control and does things that are just weird. He gets in peoples faces and seems to have no understanding of the word boundaries. If I try to talk to him about these things it seems like he can't sit still or focus in on me at all. The ADD checklists don't seem to mention these things and I'm just wondering if anyone else out there understands and can relate to this. He also seems to have problems with loud noises but doesn't have a problem making them. If you could let me know what some of the symptoms that your children have and I will be greatly appreciative.
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: gumball | Date: Oct 21st, 2010 12:04 PM
wow! Its sounds like im reading all about my own son,..impulsive/ sensitive to noise / lack of focus/attention span ............My son has adhd and what you have described i can relate to with my sons symtoms of ADHD. There are many behaviors that they dont mention concerning ADD/ADHD, only typical symptoms. I wish you the best in this matter and i would consider talking to a Dr. for advice concerning theese behaviors, maybe they could redirect you to an expert on ADD/ADHD. 

Name: Rachel | Date: Oct 21st, 2010 4:04 PM
We are having him evaluated as soon as we can. I don't know how to cope anymore the school has called me everyday this week and today was the worst day yet. The teacher told me none of the kids want to sit next to him and he wouldn't stop yelling out words like Butt and Fart every 2 to 3 minutes. He even punched and kicked at the teacher. I'm terrified of having to put him on meds but I think I'm at my breaking point of not doing it. 

Name: gumball | Date: Oct 21st, 2010 6:47 PM
Awwww,..i understand,..beleive me,..ive had the teaches call from school as well,...my lad has a temper and flies off the handle in the matter of a wink,....but regrets later on,....and the language as well,...my lad doesnt take meds,...he tried but it wasnt effective,...so we are both learning the hard way round and i dare say i have the patience of Job from yrs of ADHD experience. The school should take your childs behavior into concideration and try to understand a bit more,...he is 5 and "butt and fart" are typical words they love to say,...beleive me,...and they gain attention by saying it as well,..but it is a fase and as long as "we" ignore it when they say it then they will more or less lose interest. I do so understand your frustration and its not easy trying to find all the answers and solutions,..specially when the school is preasuring you and its not easy when you are not there to mind him at school. I hope things work out,...please keep me updated and im here if you need any experienced advice.....Take care :) 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us