Hello, guest
|
Name: Angela
[ Original Post ]
I just had a baby boy on sat march 11. And I am wondering when you get all your milk in? Also When you do have all your milk in and you pump it how much do you get? I pumped today and I only got about a ounce all together. When you have all your milk in how much do you boobs hold?
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: Michele | Date: Mar 17th, 2006 5:14 AM
with the first baby it can take a week or two. Also when the baby sucks it is alot more effective than any pump 

Name: melissa | Date: Mar 17th, 2006 5:23 AM
the more you nurse the more milk you will get. i wouldn't start pumping (unless your engorged) for the first month. your body needs to get used to how much your baby needs. don't worry your body is made to take care of your baby. the begining weeks of breastfeeding takes patience. hope you stick with it. good luck!! 

Name: Jossie | Date: Mar 18th, 2006 12:23 AM
--Congratulations on your baby!!! As melissa tells you, don't pump unless you are engorged. It is not a nice feeling, trust me. If you only got about an ounce, it may all depend on the breast pump you may be using.
--Manual pumps usually don't help much. At least that was my case. I would get tired of pumping manually and my breasts would hurt a lot.
--I bought an electric one and had a great experience. Once I got 12 ounces out of both of my breasts, and that was a relief.
--The more you nurse or pump, the more milk you will get.
--Good luck and don't give up, it is a wonderful experience. 

Name: 3 time nursing mom | Date: Mar 18th, 2006 6:05 AM
Angela,
Hi! And welcome to the wonderful world of breastfeeding.

Just relax and forget about the pump. Relaxing is the best thing you can do right now. Make sure you eat well, drink plenty of fluids (very important) and take naps when baby takes naps.

This time with your newborn is very precious and will pass quickly, enjoy him to the fullest. My babies never left my arms for a moment in their first 2 months of life, except for bathroom needs. They even slept with my husband and I.
(I know some people will tell you not to do this, but all the medical personnel I have spoken with said the only instances of babies being rolled on that they have experienced or heard about was when one of the bed partners had been drinking alcohol or was taking medications that brought about sleepiness, so make sure you do not bring baby to bed if either situation is the case. On the pro side of co-sleeping, studies have been done that suggest that babies that sleep with their moms have lower SIDS rates.)

Being new to this, I recommend you peruse the La Leche League's informative website at
www.lalecheleague.org/bfinfo.html

You may also be interested in this website:
www.naturallullabies.com/newl
setter/MAY/eco_bf.htm

Congratulation
s
on your new son. Welcome to the world of falling truly in love! 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us