Hello, guest
|
Name: briseis
[ Original Post ]
I know it's irrelevant to everyone else out there, but my baby boy is 6-months-old today! A big half year! :) I'm gonna start weaning him now!

All hes ever had is milk and baby rice, so today I'm gonna offer him pureed apple? Is that good? Or should I start on veg? I have pureed sweetcorn and carrot? Would that be better?
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: Lola | Date: Mar 11th, 2008 1:11 PM
Apples didn't work out well with Mia. It took me ages to get her to take them and all kinds of ways of making them.

I'd advise to start on banana.

That's just my preference.

And for so reason, carrot never really purée's 100% for me and made her gag. Sweetcorn I haven't tried.

If you want to start on a veg', Mia loved Sweet Potato. But I'm just going on what we've done.

Apple would be the best out of what you've mentioned though 

Name: briseis | Date: Mar 11th, 2008 1:32 PM
Well I gave him apple and he hated it. Joey doesn't open his mouth when the spoon is coming towards it either! Is that something to be worried about? I have to force it into his mouth, and then he spits it out. 

Name: 04nidak | Date: Mar 11th, 2008 2:38 PM
It's best to start them on veggies first because once they have the sweetness of fruits, they don't always want veggies. Don't give him corn yet, babies can't digest it. Keep trying the apples since you already gave them to him and wait for 3-4 days before trying something different, hopefully he'll end up liking it, it's just all new to him. Good luck and have your camera ready because they can make some of the silliest faces when they try new foods. :-) 

Name: .RoSey. | Date: Mar 11th, 2008 9:16 PM
04nidak Thats a pile of bollocks about the whole put them on Veges 1st.. Because for a start,... they have ALREADY got that sweet taste because breastmilk is VERY sweet...
they will either like veges or they wont.. it doesnt matter what you start them on 1st. 

Name: mother2five | Date: Mar 11th, 2008 9:22 PM
well it's not entirely inaccurate, some babies do develop a taste for only the sweet foods and don't like veggies. The trick is not feed them just fruits for too, long as soon as you know they have no food allergies to the first introduced fruits then you need to start introducing veggies right away. 

Name: 04nidak | Date: Mar 11th, 2008 9:28 PM
Rosey...I was just giving the advice to Gill that was given to me when my son was on baby food. 

Name: briseis | Date: Mar 11th, 2008 11:35 PM
Thanks ladies. Well I've already given him apple now, so gonna wait the 4 days and then offer him some veg, see what he thinks. And yeah he really does pull some funny faces! 

Name: .RoSey. | Date: Mar 11th, 2008 11:53 PM
04nidak lol sorry.. i wasnt trying to be rude.. perhaps i should have mentioned that to you.. i was just letting you know that babies already have tried the Sweet which is in breastmilk.... Of course Vege is always bettter.. But alot of babies wont eat veges... im having the same problem with izzy lol.. she just will NOT touch green !! 

Name: playmatex3x | Date: Mar 12th, 2008 12:20 AM
Hallie is 9 months old on march 14th and her favorite baby food is sweet potatoes. every day, we give her one fruit and one veggie.. that way its equal lol 

Name: Lola | Date: Mar 14th, 2008 9:29 PM
Nah Mia was the same with foods she didn't really like.
Her gums would be clamped together and you'd literally need a pliers to get the apart! LOL

She still does it now if it's a food she doesn't particuarly like.
I just keep giving it. 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us