Hello, guest
|
Name: Logan
[ Original Post ]
Hi girls Logan is now 6 weeks old but he is constipated, what can I give him? or do I need to talk to his pediatrician? Any clues?
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: FatallyYours | Date: Oct 21st, 2007 2:03 PM
are you breastfeeding or are you formula feeding and if you are bottling feeding the breastmilk at all, you can add a little water to the feeding. how long has it been since he has gone? if more than 3-4 days call your pedi. 

Name: Logan | Date: Oct 21st, 2007 3:24 PM
He has not gone since after the pediatricians appt on Friday.
He is drinking both, breast and formula. 

Name: FatallyYours | Date: Oct 21st, 2007 3:59 PM
and its sunday. give it another day. u can give him a little extra water a tiny amount but dont over do it. but if he doesnt go by monday afternoon ish i would call the pedi but it could be normal bc he is so young and he is breastfed as well as formula. 

Name: Logan | Date: Oct 21st, 2007 4:10 PM
Ok, thank you very much!! I will do that then call tomorrow if he does not go between now and then. 

Name: 04nidak | Date: Oct 21st, 2007 4:23 PM
If he is trying to go and straining or passing little "pebbles" then he's definitely constipated. You can try taking his temperature rectally, but be prepared because it may be a very full diaper. You can also add a small amount of light karo syrup to his formula. My son was constipated all the time as a baby and that's what I was told to do. I would start by adding a little less than a teaspoon and if that didn't work, the next time I would add a little more. He would usually go within a couple hours, again be prepared for a mess. You can also lay him on his back and move his legs up and down like he is riding a bicycle to see if that helps loosen things up or rub gently but firmly on the sides of his belly button. I hope he gets to feeling better. Good luck! 

Name: Logan | Date: Oct 21st, 2007 5:42 PM
I ended up calling the pediatricians emergency number and I was able to talk to the nurse, and she said to stimulate him by taking his temperature rectally, and Oh boy!!! about 5 minutes later the diaper ran out of room... Lmao , just like you said 04nidak 

Name: Logan | Date: Oct 21st, 2007 5:42 PM
Thank God he went poo. I am a first time mom and was so worried of him not going number 2... 

Name: 04nidak | Date: Oct 21st, 2007 6:14 PM
I'm glad it worked! I use to freak out when my little guy wouldn't go either so I know what you were going through! 

Name: Logan | Date: Oct 21st, 2007 7:19 PM
:o) 

Name: NIKKIS | Date: Oct 22nd, 2007 3:12 AM
Brooke never went every day until she started solids. She would go every 2-4 days and never strain. It is okay for a formula fed baby to go once every 5 days as long as they aren't straining or seem bloated. 

Name: ashleymama | Date: Oct 22nd, 2007 5:59 AM
I had a serious constipation problem with Laelah as a baby and I had to give her baby suppositories and switch her to low iron formula and that solved the problem. 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us