Hello, guest
|
Name: harper1990
[ Original Post ]
I have a question for you mothers that have babies teething.

I asked Mallory about it and she told me I could try peeled carrots, then freeze them and give them to Charlotte, but I know that soon enough she going to want something different.

Do you guys know anything else I could try?
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: harper1990 | Date: May 1st, 2007 11:11 PM
pleeeeeeeeeeeaaase help : )) 

Name: question | Date: May 1st, 2007 11:40 PM
At wal-mart you can buy a little teething thing(cant remember what its called) it has a handle on one end with a net on the other.You open the net end and put in frozen things in the net so the baby can chew until hearts content.You can put all kinds of stuff in them,like frozen strawberries,cherries,etc. 

Name: missmara | Date: May 1st, 2007 11:49 PM
Those are called mesh feeders and I heard they're awesome but I got one for my daughter and she never took to it. She loved the carrots, teething rings that you can put in the fridge, wet a washcloth and put it in the freezer. Ummm.. a wooden spoon, board books, anything she could get in her mouth seemed to work! 

Name: spankyx0711 | Date: May 2nd, 2007 2:54 AM
evelyn isn't teething yet but i got the greatest idea for when she does. she has been getting over heated lately so now i freeze her baby food in ice cube trays! i'll give her one that's not all the way froze but somewhat solid and she'll just slime it all over her face. when she's teething i plan on giving her the completely frozen baby food fruit cube thingies lol 

Name: Randi | Date: May 2nd, 2007 3:10 AM
They have teething soothers as well. You put them in the freezer (they are filled with gel) and they have bumps on the nipple for a gum massage. They are made by Nuby. 

Name: zoey9810 | Date: May 2nd, 2007 3:30 AM
ohh ya i bout some of those for Tyler when he gets older, i think they are called self feeders are are like 2 bucks 

Name: zoey9810 | Date: May 2nd, 2007 3:32 AM
and also i have seen teethers that vibrate in there mouth when they bite on them, it feels good on their gums, and the baby that had one loved it!! and im gonna get one 

Name: harper1990 | Date: May 2nd, 2007 3:57 AM
thank you guys so much! I will try some of those suggestions, if I need them but the carrots seem to be doing some good..for now. 

Name: 04nidak | Date: May 2nd, 2007 3:22 PM
I use to use the teething rings, frozen washcloths (which never stayed cold very long) and frozen waffles, but my son always preferred the teething rings. The rings that were round and had water filled bubbles on them. They are very soft platic and work pretty good. Just check them every now and then to make sure there aren't any leaks. Baby orajel works too. 

Name: Randi | Date: May 2nd, 2007 3:26 PM
They don't reccomend orajel here. It can numb your babys throat and tongue causing choking. They do have homeopathic teething tablets... they are made by Hyland and sell them at most pharmacies and some wal marts. Someone recommended them to me and they seem to really help. 

Name: roseywosey | Date: May 2nd, 2007 3:27 PM
we use something called bonjella.. tastes good for babies.. and its just a Gel you rub on there gums.. seems to work good..
im guessing thats what orajel is? 

Name: Randi | Date: May 2nd, 2007 3:30 PM
Yeah thats what oragel is... it freezes their gums... but it also freezes everything else. 

Name: 04nidak | Date: May 2nd, 2007 3:31 PM
orajel is a gel that you rub on the baby's gums to numb them. My pediatrician is the one who told me it was completely safe to use orajel. I only used it a few times and in very small amounts, but it worked. 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us