Hello, guest
|
Name: aliaa
[ Original Post ]
is true that they will not give me my baby in the hospital without the car set?? what if i wanted to breastfeed my baby while we are in the car? what should i do then? i am a new citizen in U.S and i dont understand the rule.can u help pz?
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: BreCha | Date: Jun 30th, 2006 5:59 PM
I have heard that some hospt. wont allow you to leave without a proper car seat. Some hospt. will provide you with one but not all. And i dont think it would be safe to breast feed during a car ride...there's always a possibility of a car wreck. You could only imagine! 

Name: S.M.B. | Date: Jun 30th, 2006 6:49 PM
The hospital staff will ask you if you have a carseat, if not, they might provide you with one. Spending less than $100 on a carseat could save your babys life. It is against the law to put a baby\child in a car without a carseat!! Accidents happen so quickly and can happen to anyone. It is very foolish to have a child on your lap in any kind of car\truck\suv etc... Be a smart and caring mom, use a carseat ALWAYS! You can park the car and breastfeed. I see people all the time with a baby\toddler on their laps, it's an ignorant thing to do. 

Name: mommyagain | Date: Jun 30th, 2006 7:55 PM
I agree completely with S.M.B. please use a carseat... you can also aask your local police station and they will give them away sometimes... you should never have your baby in your lap... no excuses not even to feed... pull over. I am not sure where you are from but here we have a lot of stupid drivers who dont pay attention. So many places donate them and even at garage sales $5.00 tops. 

Name: EthansMom0213 | Date: Jun 30th, 2006 8:13 PM
Most hospital will not allow you to take you baby out of the hospital if you do not have a carseat. As mentioned by S.M.B. if you do not have one some hospital will provide you one. It for your baby safety. If you want to breastfeed your baby while in the car you can always pull over.

When my son was born the hospital wouldn't even allow me to carry my son out of the Birthing center without having him in an infact carseat. 

Name: mommyagain | Date: Jun 30th, 2006 8:48 PM
YEPEthansmom... mine too... with both my girls I had them in their carseat on my lap in the wheelchair... it ws hospital policy. 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us