Hello, guest
|
Name: nicole76108
[ Original Post ]
I need help in alot of ways lol but one specific one is, is my 3 yr old wants nothing to do with potty training or learning anything in general. We've tried stickers and candy as a reward. Ive even bought little party things so that we can go crazy and act like idiots when he pottyed. He even likes peeing in the bathtub so I allowed that for awhile thinking that I could transition him into using the toilet. He has gone with my husband and they used it together to be "big boys" but he just doesnt hold interest in it very long. We usually get a good few days and then just boom he'll stop. I've even tried doing different things back to back to switch it up but he doesnt want to. It frustrates me cause he should be potty trained and he wants nothing to do with it. Now when you ask him if he needs to go pee he says its all gone.

Also with learning he is the same way, he just doesnt hold interest long enough. Ive tried educational videos and everything and he wont learn his ABC or 123s ah it kills me cause I feel like Ive done something wrong but I know that I've done everything I could think of. So if you can please help me. My son is smart and he says things sometimes that make me wonder why he acts the way he does when it comes to learning. He knows things kids his age shouldnt know but he just wont learn the easy stuff. HELP!!!!!
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: DRB | Date: Mar 25th, 2008 8:10 PM
have you tried throwing froot loops in the potty and letting him sink them? i heard that works like a charm 

Name: jen85 | Date: Mar 26th, 2008 2:45 AM
I just read on a website the other day that you shouldn't try potty training or anything tough/new like having child sleep in own bed or room if they haven't learned yet so close before the baby comes, because after the baby is born they can I don't know regress or whatever it's called. I think also boys are tougher to potty train. Mine will go poop in the toilet if he remembers to tell me that he needs to poop, but he never pees. I'm just letting him take his time for right now and then when my husband gets back really crack down on the whole potty training thing. I suggest letting him take his time and when he's ready he'll do it. I would't be too worried about it and I would definately wait until he's adjusted to the new baby. ;0) 

Name: nicole76108 | Date: Mar 26th, 2008 4:56 AM
I didnt even think about the regression factor when our new baby gets here that is probably very true. There are so many things that when people mention them, like i have an Aw Ha moment. 

Name: jen85 | Date: Mar 26th, 2008 5:00 AM
LOL. They also say that when kids are ready then they're ready,can't really force them to potty. I guess once they understand the whole rewards thing it'll be more fun for them. I also thought the sinking the fruit loops idea is hillarious. That's something I will definately try, even though my son goes poop if I tell him he doesn't get a candy util he does. 

Name: nicole76108 | Date: Mar 26th, 2008 7:22 AM
See my son I think is scared to go poop in the toilet cause it makes the splashing noises. Just frustrates me cause I know this is supposed to be fun and I should get frustrated but sometimes I just want to be like. Look dude if you pee or poop in your pants today Im gonna make you wear it all day long. But Im not that cruel. Just wish his little butt would cooperate with the whole thing so we didnt have to buy pull ups and newborn diapers soon. Anyway Good nite guys! Im getting tired now YEAH!!! 

Name: mother2five | Date: Mar 26th, 2008 2:17 PM
Name: mother2five Title: please poop in the potty

OK so I have 3 yr old boy whom I've been trying to potty train forever now and it's an uphill battle that I'm getting no where with. He refuses to give this a chance, I've had him in pull ups since he was 2 and I still have to make him stop what hes doing and remind him to go pee, he will not tell me when hes gotta go. But trying to get him to poop is a whole other battle...he kicks screams, trys to squirm out of my arms, holds the bathroom door trying to not have to go in, and finnally after I break a sweat all to put on on the potty he will not go, and no matter how much I watch him, he still snaeks off and does business in his pull ups. I've tried all the little tricks like having him pee in food coloring in the potty, sinking the cheerio, bribing w/ a shopping trip, candy for peeing, and letting him pick out big boy underware, I've even tried unreccomended tactics such as fuss at him and threaten to give him time outs or take away a toy.
As mean as it sounds I'm at my wits end w/ the whole thing and I bought him girl pull ups and told him he had to wear girls panies if he wasn't going to act like a big boy and use the potty, and he hated it at first and now he doesn't even notice!!!!!

PLEASE HELP ME MAKE MY KID USE THE TOILET....I'M TIRED OF WIPING POOP OFF A 3 1/2YR OLD BOYS BOTTOM!!!!!!!

i WAS IN THE SAME BOAT, SO WHAT I DID WAS I JUST DECIDED ONE DAY....ENOUGH I'VE HAD IT W/ CHANGING HIS PISSY/ POPPY PULL UPS AND I PUT HIM REG. UNDERWARE. OVER IN SHAMS I GOT GREAT ADVICE ABOUT THIS. MAYBE THE REASON HE KEEPS GOING IN HIS PANTS IS HE HAS A PERFECTLY FINE PLACE TO GO....IN HIS PULL UPS I'M ASSUMING,LET HIM WEAR THE UNDERWEAR SO HE'S UNCOMFY WHEN HE PEES HIS PANTS...EVEN FOR NAP TIME, PUT HIM TO BED IN UNDERWEAR AND JUST PUT A PULL UP ON OVER THE TOP OF HIS CLOTHES THAT WAY HES DOESN'T MESS UP HIS BED BUT HE DEF. FEELS UNCOMFY. I TRIED ALL THE LITTLE TRICKS BEFORE AND LIKE YOUR SON NOTHING WORKED MY SON WOULD EVEN STRADDLE THE DOORWAY AS TO NOT GO INTO THE BATHROOM, THIS WAS THE ONLY THING THAT WORKED. I HAD HIM 100% POTTY TRAINED IN 1 1/2 WKS.....HE EVEN WAKES IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT NOW AND USES THE POTTY, AND EVEN COMES IN FROM PLAYING TO USE THE BATHROOM IT'S GREAT. GOOD LUCK, AND LET US KNOW.

Also about the not wanting to learn, some kids do hs right before they get ready to blossom, but if your really concerend take him to have a developmental screening, check around your town, call around most city's offer free ones. Has your son ever had one because all children need one by the age of 2 anyway. Just be patient w/ him he will get there. GOOD LUCK TO YOU 

Name: 04nidak | Date: Mar 26th, 2008 2:23 PM
Trust me it takes time and patience for potty training. My son started showing interest in the potty around age 2 which I thought was early but went with it and he went pee in it occassionally and then stopped showing interest so we waited, then we tried again and he got down the pee part everytime, which after a couple months he just stopped so we didn't push it and then he told me that he wanted to pee standing up like daddy did so we tried that and he's never peed anywhere else since. The poopy part was the hardest, we finally created a poopy surprise box where we put matchbox cars, stickers, other little goodies in and everytime he went poopy on the potty he got to pick out one surprise, it surprisingly worked like a charm and he's been potty trained ever since.

You just can't push him or anything because until they are ready all you will do is frustrate yourself. the other girls are right about maybe waiting until after the baby is born. Anything you do now that it's so close to the baby coming, move to a different bed (crib to bed), potty train, etc he could possibly regress after the baby comes. It's best to wait and when you do try just be very patient and encouraging. 

Name: nicole76108 | Date: Mar 26th, 2008 4:01 PM
M25 you are awesome! So full of wisdom. :) I appreciate your comment and I am going to try this. I never thought to make him wear the underwear and the pull up that is brilliant. I will let you know how it goes. 

Name: mother2five | Date: Mar 26th, 2008 4:32 PM
nicole i got that idea over in sahm moms....i just went through to like a month ago 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us