Hello, guest
|
Name: briseis
[ Original Post ]
Joey has a BAD cold. I've barely slept in 48 hours. Poor wee man is puking up his milk, breathing is noisy and snuffly, barking cough, sneezing, he's off his solids, crying incessantly. He's seeing the doctor tomorrow.

Any advice on relief?
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: mother2five | Date: Apr 29th, 2008 12:40 PM
awwwww it's worth a try to go sit in the bathroom w/ him and shut the door and run just hot water so he can get some steam. And I'm sure your already giving him tylenol and maybe pedialyte........hope he feels better soon poor guy!!!!! HUGS!!! 

Name: briseis | Date: Apr 29th, 2008 1:12 PM
Thanks Jen,

I'm giving him Infant Paracetamol about 3 times a day.
I've put a pillow under his mattress to prop him up at night.
Other than that, lots of comfort and trying to keep him hydrated.

I'll try the steam idea the evening. Sounds a good idea and might clear his sinuses. He gets so much worse at night. I feel so bad for him. 

Name: 04nidak | Date: Apr 29th, 2008 1:44 PM
You can also get saline drops/spray (or mix 1/2 tsp salt with 8 oz. of warm water to make your own) and put 1-2 drops in his nose and then use an aspirator to clean out his nose, may help him breath better. I hope he feels better soon. 

Name: lacirrom | Date: Apr 29th, 2008 3:27 PM
i'm going through the same thing with cole right now. i just had him to the doctor this morning. pointless though, they couldn't give him any meds.i guess when all that stuff went on with the cold meds the fda also decided that doctors can't give decongetent (sp) to anyone under 2yrs old. so he told me to just keep doing what i'm doing and if he starts running a fever or getting much worse to let him know.
i also have his mattress propped up and i'm using a humidifier at nap and bed time. i'm also using baby vicks on him which seems to help too. oh and the vapor bath at night time too. hope some of this helps you too! 

Name: Opheiliamath | Date: Apr 29th, 2008 3:58 PM
lacirrom- I remember when Christian was REALLY sick...cough, the stuffy nose, and feeling weak, I took him to the doctors and they daid. Will he has no fever there is nothing really they can do. He's just going to be miserable, bring him back if he gets a fever. Rather than that wait it out.

Here are some of the things I did:

I used a humdifer and had the Vicks vapors work it magic.

I did the the sitting in the bathroom with the steam.

I Vicks baby rub. I rubbed it on his chest and back. I also rubbed some on his feet and put socks on. This is for night time.

Since Joey is vomiting make sure he has more liquids to replace what he's throwing up.

Also for nap times, instead of putting him down in his pen, i would put him in his carseat. Helps with the breathing.

I remember too well how stressed I was when my baby boy was sick, not sleeping to make sure he was breathing.. ......Hope Joey gets better soon hun, good luck and keep us updated! 

Name: briseis | Date: Apr 29th, 2008 7:46 PM
I took him into the bathroom and ran a bath of hot water and let him breathe in the steam, then I bathed him, and gave him paracetamol, and then I used this decongestant I bought today - Karvol. You put it on a hanky and hang it near the baby and it worked; his breathing seemed better, and he fell asleep. Yay! 

Name: lacirrom | Date: Apr 30th, 2008 2:25 AM
well i'm glad he is sleeping for you. cole has been sleeping pretty good through his cold. his cough seems to be doing better tonight too. he's been in bed about 1 1/2 hours and i haven't heard him cough yet! 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us