Hello, guest
|
Name: izzie13
[ Original Post ]
Hi I just found out that Iam expecting! My Dr. wants to see me tomorrow. Is that normal?
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: Joeys_Mam | Date: Nov 9th, 2008 11:55 PM
Well, when I found out I was pregnant, I immediately booked an appointment with my family doctor just to work out dates, get my BP checked, and to organise a Maternity hospital for me to go to for my antenatal care. And I got the appt for a few days later. By that stage I was having pains, and so had an emergency ultrasound at the Maternity hospital to be sure the pregnancy wasn't ectopic. But it wasn't until I was 14 weeks pregnant that I got my first hospital appt.

So it depends - is this just an appt with your family doctor? or is it a hospital appt? do you have a history of miscarriage? If it's just an appt with your family doctor, I'd say it's normal. He/she probably just wants to check your Blood Pressure and work out dates, make sure you're taking antenatal vitamins etc.

BTW Congrats! 

Name: zoey9810 | Date: Nov 10th, 2008 12:44 AM
I had a dr appt a week or so after i found out i was pregnant, they also did an ultrasound my first appt.

I was just over 5 weeks.

They prob want you to come in asap to get you on prenatal vitaimins and to make sure you are being healthy! 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us