Hello, guest
|
Name: lilsarbear143
[ Original Post ]
my names Sara and im 20 years old. Ive been addicted to heroin for a little over a year. I just found out that im pregnant and the last time I used was today BEFORE i found out. Im probably only a 5 weeks or less along and have no intentions on continuing to use. I am however extremely worried that ive already damaged the fetus. Since im not so far along do I have a good chance for a healthy pregnancy and baby? please someone respond. I am desperate for some help!!
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: ..RoSey.. | Date: Aug 31st, 2008 6:55 AM
if you are addicted to heroin and you stop suddenly it can also be fatal for your unborn child when you go through the withdrawls... you need to go and see your gp / doctor ASAP and explain this to him.. it is vital you make that appointment... just because you quit doesnt mean anything.. the drugs are still in your system.. 

Name: ..RoSey.. | Date: Aug 31st, 2008 8:52 AM
oh and btw.. i was drinking and taking party pills ( Bzp legal in new zealand ) up until i was about 2 months pregnant !! i had no idea i was pregnant.... but my daughter turned out just perfect and shes very smart and perfect!!.. but in saying that some woman arnt so lucky.... go see the doctor and ask what to do next.... i wish you and your baby goodluck. You are so lucky to be pregnant, some woman cannot get pregnant.... stop the drugs and get on the right road and get healthy.. you are 1 lucky woman !! congrats. 

Name: Joeys_Mam | Date: Aug 31st, 2008 10:55 AM
Congrats on quitting. But like Rosey said, do go see your doctor. 

Name: ashleymama | Date: Oct 3rd, 2008 9:14 PM
Being addicted to heroin and just suddenly stopping is also fatal to your unborn baby. It is something you definatly immediatly have to go see a doctor about and they will help you through it. You definatly cannot continue using but you cannot do it on your own either. The doctor will probably put you on Methadone...I'm not sure, I've never been addicted to anything when I was pregnant. Good Luck! 

Name: babyinmybelly | Date: Oct 7th, 2008 5:15 AM
Hi Sara. I'm 26 years old and 19 weeks pregnant. I was a heroin addict for about 5 years. I quit a year ago but many of my "friends" went through this also. I would love to know how things are turning out for you 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us