Hello, guest
|
Name: rachel23
[ Original Post ]
If you were thin to begin with what does your stomach look like after? i heard from some beside the cut(that gets really l ight hopefully) you can get a pouch of belly fat that looks funny and someone else said it looks normal. Can anyone tell me if your stomach still looks good after a c-section or would you suggest a tummy tuck???
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: mommyagain | Date: Oct 26th, 2006 2:13 PM
Well first I wouldnt suggest a tummy tuck... I mean think about it this way... you earn that scar its kinda like your own little personal mommy war wound!! The way your stomach looks is going to be no different then if you gave birth vaginally. Looking at super models you can say it goes right back to perfect but for me I was very skinny... Now I have a pouch full of stretch marks, scars ,and it is definitely loose. It used to bother me but then I just kept telling myself sook what I got out of it, I wouldnt trade it for the world. 

Name: rachel23 | Date: Oct 26th, 2006 5:13 PM
thanks for your honesty i am just nervous and tomarrow is the big day. is there anything you recommend that i might not have thought of? Was yours a planned c-section or emergengy because i was wondering how much pain the epidural is? 

Name: jillw | Date: Oct 26th, 2006 5:18 PM
well rachel the good thing is that it is planned and not an emergency so the dr will be able to take his/her time and leave you with minimal scaring. As for the pouch I think that jsut depends on how large your belly got and not so much to do with the c-section. I had a loose pouch for about a week after my son was born then it was right back to normal, btu I was in shape and had strong abs. I stall have a fairly flat stomach now, but I am heavier and have more tummy fat then I did with my son so I think that I may have the "mommy pouch" I guess if I can't get rid of ot them I will just get a tummy tuck. 

Name: mommyagain | Date: Oct 26th, 2006 5:22 PM
Oh well congrats Rachel... it is very excited yet very scary too I know. I am scared to death and I have done it before!! Mine was planned and so is this one. My doctor wasnt very informative about mine the first time so I was so scared. What wouldyou like to know? I dont want to scare you even more!! I say that and really it isnt as bad as I prolly sound! 

Name: rachel23 | Date: Oct 26th, 2006 5:23 PM
well thats good to know thank u 

Name: mommyagain | Date: Oct 26th, 2006 5:24 PM
Why ar eyou having a c-section if you dont mind me asking? 

Name: staceykelley | Date: Oct 26th, 2006 5:26 PM
when i had my c section it was an emergency so i did have have a ponch but it gets less noticable once u lose your baby weight i agree with mommyagain having your beautiful little one makes up for the scars and the ponch lol. you do have to remeber a c section is a serious surgery and with any serious surgery your gonna have some type of a scar be proud cause your gonna be a mommy 

Name: rachel23 | Date: Oct 26th, 2006 9:19 PM
he is breech and they were going to try to turn him but now it's to late they said he is 7pounds give or take a half a pound 

Name: momo | Date: Oct 26th, 2006 9:35 PM
I was really tiny when I got pregos the first time...5'9 and 108 lbs....I gain 80 lbs with that pregs....I had a c-section and its not too bad...the scar is faded so fine...but there is a pouch there...its the infamous mama belly...nothing bad though...Actually i now feel like a woman...

The epidural is nothing...i didn;t even know it was started...i was scared to...but now i can go into my next c-sec with one less worry...

you'll be fine i promise 

Name: mommyagain | Date: Oct 26th, 2006 9:38 PM
mINE WAS BREECH AND HAD A HEART PROBLEM i TRIED THE TURNING THING AND IT HURT WORSE THAN ANYTHING, AND THEY DIDNT EVEN GET HER TURNED. TRY TO STAY AS CALM AS POSSIBLE AND MAKE SURE THAT YOU TAKE AS MUCH TIME AS NEEDED TO TALK TO YOUR DR BEFORE THE C-SECTION. GOOD LUCK, GET BACK TO US WHEN YOUR LITTLE ONE IS HERE! 

Name: momo | Date: Oct 26th, 2006 10:36 PM
Mommyagain...mine was also breech he turned at 40 and 1/2 weeks...and he also had heart problems...which i didn't know about at the time...Then he came out blue...Doctors tole me if he was born natural he wouldn't have survived...They said it was like he knew to turn ...and most babies dont turn at that age gestation...What did you little one have if its okay to ask? My sone had critical pulmonary stenosis, epstiens anomoly where the tricuspid valve is preatty much displaced and malformed...and he had and atrial Septal Defect...He has had a few surgeries the last one being in Aug...hes doin good for now though...Did you know bout the defect? Sorry if I am nosy...its just been hard on me so when ever i can talk to another mom it helps...Talking to people I know sometimes just makes me sadder...but outside people seem to have real opinions i guess.. if that makes any sense 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us