Hello, guest
|
Name: mother2five
[ Original Post ]
ladies i'm soo stressed out!!!!

Emilee is teething, we're still working on remodels in our home, which leaves things looking outta place sometimes. That stresses me because we're having company the weekend after easter and I want our house to be all finished (projects done) I hate ppl seeing my house looking not in order. My husband has been in pain since monday, he went to the dentist for a toothache and they found that 3 of his teeth have curved roots and need to be pulled....surgically, he's having that done today. I'm trying to plan for easter...get eggs filled, baskets ready, decide what to cook, and I'm tired because I've been tending to my husband not feeling well, emilee teething, keeping the house out of disarray, breaking up kid spats....ect. I'm kinda at a point were I'm getting pissed because my mil could offer to help w/ eatsre prep. as her and her family will be here as well but she hasn't asked if she could do shit......just like thanksgiving and christmas.....we buy it alll, cook it all, they come and eat, we clean the mess, and they even go home w. left overs!!!! ARGGHHH!!!! Anyhow on top of all this I'm also planning a surprise baby shower for the couple coming in town, and her mil was supposed to help me but i'm realizing the only help I'm going to receive is heres some money]]]]]] that normally would be ok w/ me seems how i'm an organized person and am plently capable of throwing a shower all my own.....but w/ everything else on my plate at this very moment, I'M TIRED, I'M STRESSED, I'M GETTING PISSED..........LOL and apparently turning into a ranting lunatic!!!!

I'd just like to be able to just take a deep breath and not feel so overwhelmed and stressed about it all, I know this is suppose to be a fun time, w/ baby showers company coming, easter and family gathering and I can't help but feel that I'm ruinig the fun for myself being so overwhelmed....but how can i have fun being stretched so thin in every which way?!?!?!!?!?
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: briseis | Date: Mar 20th, 2008 3:43 PM
Aw honey, it looks like you are taking FAR too much on. We're having some DIY done to our house atm too, and I hate it. All the drills, polyfilla etc lying about making the place look untidy ... it's not nice.

And Joey is also teething .... :(

Noone helps me either. My family and friends live 80 miles away, my fiancé's family have nothing to do with us (long story) and so the housework, childcare and cooking is up to me. Earning the money and DIY is up to Mark. I suppose that makes us a good team, but Hell it's not easy.

It sounds to me like you're taking too much on, dealing with the messy DIY, the housework, cooking, childcare, an irritable baby, and a grouchy husband as well as preparing for Easter and a Baby Shower all on your own. It would be an impossible situation if you were a man. :) But you're a woman, and you'll manage just fine, albeit, not a happy camper.

I'd have a word with hubby if I were you, you shouldn't have to 'deal' with his not feeling well. And he could help out. When I'm crawling on my hands and knees with period pain every month, I still have to battle on, on my own, and so do you I imagine. Hubby should also help out, take on the effort HIS family should be taking on. They are HIS family after all.

Take care! 

Name: mother2five | Date: Mar 20th, 2008 4:12 PM
oh brieses he usually is a huge help i couldn't manage w/ out him he scrubs toilets, mops floors, sprays shout on stained clothes, and i help w/ his projects as well, i've helped every bit of the way with the remodel......I'm just tired right now he's not feeling well enough to help and i'd feel bad making him, he really is in agony. But yes when I'm sick I still have to go on, no matter how hard it is for me, and like you i have no help what so ever in town. I'd like it my mil would take on some of the easter dinner prep.'s (pay for some and cook some as well) I'm just so busy at the moment, and I'm always thoughtful when it comes to everyone else I'm so tired of no one being thoughtful when it comes to us, would it kill her to do some of the work? I dunno, I guess my situation is not her fault but I also am getting sick of serving holiday meals w/ a fake smile each time knowing that I'm kinda mad i had to do all the work.

Just wayyyyy to much I've been so busy latley I feel bad I've even slacked on my volunteer work at the kids school, I'm taking over a reading program, and I've had to have way to many ppl fill in for me lately as I just always seem to have so much going on, and I'm tired of feeling like i have so much feeling so overwhelmed that I just end up doing none of it? Do you ever do that? 

Name: briseis | Date: Mar 20th, 2008 4:34 PM
I bet you're like me in a way, too polite to ask for help? But you must. Why don't you suggest it to your MIL? 'Any chance you could come round help with the preparations?' You never know -she might surprise you. But I think you must - I know that fake smile very well - I've had to use it a lot myself.

You're doing volunteer work too? My goodness. I think something needs to give ... you're going to have to give something up in order to have any sort of a life of your own!

I'd be a ranting lunatic as well if I were you. I thought I had it bad, with noone to babysit, and doing it all myself with no support. But I only volunteer at my local animal sanctuary, only have one baby, and we go to my parents for Christmas and Easter dinner. They insist - but I do help my mother with the preparations ... It's RUDE not to. If you are uncomfortable speaking to your MIL, have hubby do it ... It sounds to me like it needs to be done, as I'd also stop the volunteer work, at least till you're feeling up to it.

Everyone is entitled to a break from some things ... 

Name: Ayame | Date: Mar 22nd, 2008 4:15 AM
I'm really sorry you are so stressed, it must be hard with all the kids and to do all that and not really have much help. Your MIL should be helping you for sure and I'm really sorry she isn't! When my family has easter etc the other side always makes things or comes over to help. If I was there I'd help ya :( 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us